Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2015 11:29:41 AM EDT
State law that my muzzle device be pinned so I plan on doing a 14.5 mid gas with fsb and ff hand guard.  If I install barrel nut and bcm kmr9 then pin muzzle will I be able to have room to install it in my upper?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always use the Voodoo manimal flash hider and go ahead and have it pinned/welded to the barrel, then do your assembly, providing you gas block mount is .750.  The Manimal is .749 and allows the gas block to slide over it.  I've use the Voodoo 14.5" pinned/welded barrel in this configuration without issue.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info but no flash hiders. Will be using battle comp
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You should have no trouble installing the rail over the muzzle device and gas block, but you will need to slide the barrel nut and gas block into place before the muzzle device is pinned.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should have no trouble installing the rail over the muzzle device and gas block, but you will need to slide the barrel nut and gas block into place before the muzzle device is pinned.
View Quote

This. I did this on Tuesday.It went well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have done that before. This build I want to use the fsb and not shave it down. So the rail will not slide over it. not positive if 14 barrel will leave enough room for rail, nut, and fsb to tighten the nut.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have done that before. This build I want to use the fsb and not shave it down. So the rail will not slide over it. not positive if 14 barrel will leave enough room for rail, nut, and fsb to tighten the nut.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you want to change the rail you use, you will need to completely remove the FSB, install the barrel nut and rail, then reinstall the FSB and gas tube.

After that, you would install and pin the comp.

It can be done, but once its together you can't take it apart without grinding out the pin.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:26:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Samson STAR rails are 2 piece. I have thsm on my FSB rifles and Carbines. I beleive MI has some available as well. Stag used them from the factory on some ARs.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top