Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2015 7:54:19 PM EDT
I did the classic move of ejecting my pivot pin detents while building my second AR.  
I looked on DSG arms and they wanted $6+ just to ship a few pivot detent pins and springs.  I figured I'd stock up for other builds.
Seems like somebody could literally throw a couple little pins and springs in an envelope and put a stamp on it and send it off.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard that Rock River is either free shipping or very cheap for small lower parts.

I placed an order with Whiteoakarmament.com today for enough detents and springs for 10 builds, two magazine releases and two safeties.  It shipped the same day, the parts were very cheap and shipping was only $4.44.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have heard that Rock River is either free shipping or very cheap for small lower parts.

I placed an order with Whiteoakarmament.com today for enough detents and springs for 10 builds, two magazine releases and two safeties.  It shipped the same day, the parts were very cheap and shipping was only $4.44.
View Quote

that's good to know,  Ill check it out
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Citizens Armory I think has very good, actual cost-based shipping on small parts.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Just the detent?  IM me your address, I'm on NEO, I'll drop one in the mail for ya.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just the detent?  IM me your address, I'm on NEO, I'll drop one in the mail for ya.
View Quote

I appreciate the offer, but this is gonna be for my first SBR build hopefully.  I'm slowly gathering parts and building up this particular rifle, so I don't expect to have it running anytime soon, so there's no rush to get one right away.  
I was looking at maybe buying about 4 springs and maybe 8 detents to have extras for the next time this happens
I'll IM ya though if I decide to change my mind.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Always a good idea to have a few spares laying around

Decent deal on lots-o spares...

$23 LPK w/o FCG
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top