Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:26:05 PM EDT
I just got in my new Faxon 16" pencil.  This thing is GORGEOUS.  The QPQ finish is outstanding.  The barrel is incredibly light and has a beautiful profile with an attractive taper at the muzzle.  I'd post pictures but I can't seem to figure out how on this site.
Anyway, this barrel is really nicely made.  I'm so pleased and can't wait to get it built and running.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, that's why I bought a second one soon after the first. Wait till you see how nice the rifle handles with it installed along with the accuracy.
It's hard to beat their quality, features and performance for the price. They are now my go to barrels.

Next I'm going to try their 18" Gunner profile with rifle length gas system.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, that's why I bought a second one soon after the first. Wait till you see how nice the rifle handles with it installed along with the accuracy.
It's hard to beat their quality, features and performance for the price. They are now my go to barrels.

Next I'm going to try their 18" Gunner profile with rifle length gas system.
View Quote

Awesome 3 Gun barrel!!!  Considering replacing my Dez Match with the 18" GUNNER myself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Bought their 14.5" pencil for my wife's lightweight build. Haven't  installed it yet but it looks great. Came with a pinned LP gas block too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered my 18" Gunner.
Only 5 left as of now, get them while you can!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I must ask why the 18?  What can a 18 do that a 16 can't?  Or are you just building a different look?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I must ask why the 18?  What can a 18 do that a 16 can't?  Or are you just building a different look?
View Quote

Personally the 18" is my favorite barrel length. He doesn't need to justify it to me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bought their 14.5" pencil for my wife's lightweight build. Haven't  installed it yet but it looks great. Came with a pinned LP gas block too.
View Quote
Exactly what I'm doing with my pencil 14.5 QPQ. That and a KMR for her, and I don't want to hear any complaining

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only 2" longer than my 16" middy and I get a rifle length gas system for softer recoil impulses which is my main reason for switching.
It will also give a slight improvement in velocity and long range accuracy and is only 4 oz heavier at 23 oz..
It will go on a 3 gun build, the 18" with rifle gas is fast becoming the length of choice in that competition.

This really is an awesome barrel design with grade A quality for $189.

Faxon says this:
"The GUNNER (all caps, as it is that awesome) is the pinnacle of performance, weight, balance, and value. Designed by our competition shooting staff for those who value performance and versatility, the GUNNER profile is a blend of two of the best performing profiles of all time, Gov't and Pencil.

Proving that every once and awhile, the Government can do something right, the GUNNER's profile from the extension to the gas block mimics that delicious taper. From there, common sense takes over and the GUNNER moves to a .625" gas block journal and our famed pencil profile out front.

Removing the weight from the front of the barrel ensures maximum versatility and keeps material to the rear to maximize heat resistance and mitigate whip."

Barrel Material: 4150
   Barrel Type: Button Rifled
   Barrel Caliber: 5.56 NATO
   Barrel Twist: 1:8
   Barrel Length: 18"
   Barrel Profile: GUNNER Light Hybrid
   Barrel Gas System: Rifle Length
   Inside Finish: QPQ Nitride
   Outside Finish: QPQ Nitride
   Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
   Gas Block Diameter: .625"
   Gas Port Diameter: .081"
   Barrel Extension: M4
   Weight: 1.44 lbs
   Magnetic Particle Inspected!
   11-degree Target Crown

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0753/0427/products/FAXON_18R_3GUN_WEB_HEADER_1024x1024.png?v=1435642968

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#9]
GUNNER 11.5" should be out in a few days!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only 2" longer than my 16" middy and I get a rifle length gas system for softer recoil impulses which is my main reason for switching.
It will also give a slight improvement in velocity and long range accuracy and is only 4 oz heavier at 23 oz..
It will go on a 3 gun build, the 18" with rifle gas is fast becoming the length of choice in that competition.

Faxon says this:
"The GUNNER (all caps, as it is that awesome) is the pinnacle of performance, weight, balance, and value. Designed by our competition shooting staff for those who value performance and versatility, the GUNNER profile is a blend of two of the best performing profiles of all time, Gov't and Pencil.

Proving that every once and awhile, the Government can do something right, the GUNNER's profile from the extension to the gas block mimics that delicious taper. From there, common sense takes over and the GUNNER moves to a .625" gas block journal and our famed pencil profile out front.

Removing the weight from the front of the barrel ensures maximum versatility and keeps material to the rear to maximize heat resistance and mitigate whip."

11-degree Target Crown

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0753/0427/products/FAXON_18R_3GUN_WEB_HEADER_1024x1024.png?v=1435642968

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Faxon says this:

11-degree Target Crown

You know what, I never even considered the rifle length gas system damn it.  I was on lunch reading from my ifoam and was like what is so special about the 18" as many have started building off of them.  I'm no uber ballistic snob was an honest question and I appreciate the answer my man.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#11]
You are welcome sir.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top