Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2015 11:46:34 AM EDT
I finally got a new Mega Wedge lock handguard this past weekend from AIM, so I rushed out to get my barrel pinned, and I had some time to put this build together this weekend.  I haven't shot it yet, but I look forward to it!

Lower:

Mega Arms Gator
Critical Capabilities Nitride LPK
ALG ACT
Spikes T-2 buffer combo
MFT Minimalist Stock and MOE+ grip

Upper:

Mega Forged Upper
AIM NIB+ BCG
Mega 14.5" Barrel w/Seekins brake
Mega 12" Wedge Lock Handguard
Gunfighter Mod 4
Seekins LP nitride gas block and tube

Optic:

Trijicon SRS w/quick release

My initial impression of the handguard is fantastic, super solid, and very high quality, which is what I expected from Mega.  In fact it feels just as solid as the all-seekins build just above it in the photo with the I-RMT.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
nice.

have you thought about their monolithic uppers?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Not really, but if I find myself wanting to do a super high end build, I think I would use them.  I did the Seekins build in the photo above the Mega about 5 months ago... It was a pricey one.

Here are the parts for that:

Lower:
Seekins Billet Lower
Seekins Selector/paddles
Magpul UBR and MIAD
JP Silent Capture Spring/Buffer
Critical Capabilities LPK
Geissele SSA-E

Upper
Seekins I-RMT
JP FMOS BCG w/enhanced bolt
Seekins MCSR Keymod Hanguard (Just before the MLOK version came out! )
Noveske Afghan w pinned Seekins Brake
Seekins LP gas block

The SRS came off this one, and I'm looking at either and ACOG or something else to go on this one now... We'll see...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
More pics of the wedge lock please
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like that rail.  Is it as comfortable as it looks?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The feel is amazing, with no sharp edges anywhere, it almost has that high-end 1911 "hand de-horned" feel. Plus the anodizing/finishing process they use doesn't have as much "grit" to it as the Seekins just above it, you can even tell by the sheen in the photos. Furthermore, you really notice the weight and strength of the 7075 aluminum they used in comparison to thin cut or extruded mlok/keymod 6061 rails that almost seem to flex a little bit when they get on the longer side, 12" plus.

Although its important to note that the rail is pretty low profile, so its much thinner than what I'm used to... If you have big hands or are more familiar with the larger quad rail with covers feel, this will be a pretty big adjustment.  All in all I'm super pleased with my purchase, and like that its a bit different than all of the other rails I already have.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top