Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2015 8:19:06 AM EDT
I want to remove my fsb and change out my stock mid length handguard with a rifle length rail. any suggestions on a decent gas block?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you aware you can cut/trim your FSP to do the same thing?

If you're not into that just pick any common manufacturer with the best price shipped.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I like yhm blocks...they run about 20 bucks for the set screw variety
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
There's really not much nice about any of them, even from noveske or whatever.  As long as it's snug, steel, and the grub screws are able to "bite" into the barrel it will be reliable.

Don't pay $30+ for a <$20 part.

As said about Yankee Hill, it's a good bang for your buck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's really not much nice about any of them, even from noveske or whatever.  As long as it's snug, steel, and the grub screws are able to "bite" into the barrel it will be reliable.

Don't pay $30+ for a <$20 part.

As said about Yankee Hill, it's a good bang for your buck.
View Quote

This

Plenty of great, inexpensive gas blocks out there that don't cost an arm and a leg.

When you look at some of the "Tier1" brands, you're basically paying anywhere from 50%-100% more just for their mark on it.

Not worth it IMO, but it's your money.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like yhm blocks...they run about 20 bucks for the set screw variety
View Quote

I'll second that. Simple, cheap, and STEEL. NOT aluminum.

YHM Gas Block
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]
You should shave your A2.  I just did it and it turned out pretty nice.  Cheap if you have the tools to do it!  Picked up some birchwood casey perma blue to finish it off.  Turned out pretty nice and its still pinned.  Strongest lo pro you can get.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Damage also has a clamp-on gas block, which might be good for a barrel thats been drilled for a FSB.

http://damageindustriesllc.com/product/ar15m16m4-gas-block-clamp-750

Or you could just shave down the existing FSB.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top