Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2015 10:48:22 AM EDT
Hey guys I just build a SPR (223) rifle and snagged a Seekins 308.  Looking for some decent glass recommendations for each.

I have a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44, but I am not liking the 50mm objective... So I will probably sell it.  Anyway... There is a ton of decent deals in the EE just curious as to what you all thought would be nice fits on either or!  Even if I can not find something used, I can always just pick it up

Here is my SPR:)

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#1]
1 - 4x
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
2.5-10x with a smaller objective.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The 3.5-10 isn't a PST.  The 2.5-10 PST would be a little bit of a better choice.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
vortex pst 2.5-10x32
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 3.5-10 isn't a PST.  The 2.5-10 PST would be a little bit of a better choice.
View Quote

Yeah, I am an idiot... I have the 2.5-10x44
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Any spec ' s on that rifle? Looks good!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:00:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any spec ' s on that rifle? Looks good!
View Quote

Sure...

Upper looks like this:
Seekins SP223 Reciever
Seekins Low Mass BCG
Kreiger 1:7 SPR 18" barrel with a Wylde Chamber cut to match the bolt
Barrel was done by Frank at Compass Lake Engineering
Fortis Rail
Seekins adjustable gas block
Lantac Dragon comp

Lower is:
Seekins Sp223 Billet Reciever
KNS Pins
Vltor A5 tube, spring, and buffer
Magpul STR Stock with Battleline SAPR
LaRue Apeg grip
Geissele SD-E Trigger

Cerakoted in two custom blends: Sprartan Bronze and Midnight Bronze

I think that rounds it out...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#8]
How far do you want to shoot?  How far CAN you shoot?  how far can YOU shoot?  What kind of targets?  

Basically, your decision should be based on what you want to do and what you can do.

For my SPR, I've had a Bushnell 3-12x44 and a Vortex 2.5-10x32, both of which are great scopes and priced similar to each other.

I ended up with a Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9.  It's a completely different scope, the biggest difference being that it's SFP instead of FFP.  I realized that I really have no where past 400 yards to shoot.  I don't need the magnification, nor the FFP reticle, since I'm under 10x.  Also, the Firedot TMR reticle is a little thicker (faster, but less precise), and the illumination is as bright as my Aimpoint, which helps on close range shots in the daytime.  I think the Bushnell and Vortex are both better target scopes, but I think the Leupold is a better fighting scope, and I plan to use this optic with an offset red dot for classes, and may use it if I ever get into 3 gun.  

Best advice is to really seriously evaluate what you need and what you can use, based on your abilities and environment, and make the decision based on that.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I recently purchased the Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP for my 18" (1-7" rifle length gas system). It's a pretty decent scope. I actually took it out to MCB Camp Pendleton this past Sat for a 3x600 match just to get a 600 yard zero from my known 200 yard zero and it seemed to perform well. The mirage doesn't kill the image too much.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top