Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2015 9:28:55 PM EDT
I am looking at building an AR 10 chambered in 260 rem. To go along with my Savage 12 LRP 260. I'm looking for long range precision. So quality parts are a must. I have built a couple 15s. Nothing on the level of this build. So few questions for you.
I'm building ground up.
So ideas on compatible parts?
Krieger. Bartlein etc barrels?
Armalite lower uppers?
Triggers
Stocks
Bolts
Any and all

Few things I know I want.
It must be accurate to at least 1000yards
260 rem chambered
Flutted bull barrel
1:8 twist
minimum 24" barrel
Adjustable trigger to 2lb

All in all spend $2500 minus scope.

What's your thoughts?

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone with thoughts on rifle build?  
Any 260 guys with what they built?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Might also drop a line in the AR Variants topic.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard the extended length gas systems are recommended for the 6.5 creedmor's with 24" barrels.  It might be a good option for the .260 with a 24" barrel as well.  I believe WOA sells the gas tubes and you would need the barrel profiled to match.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I will move it over there. Thanks

24" seems to be the length I want. Based on weight of rifle. But is look into the gas system/barrel match.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I am building an AR-10 now and have built 1 AR-308 (generic term for an AR-10 clone). The first thing to note is that there are a few different  lower patterns (please correct me if I'm wrong): 1 Armalite AR-10b lower has angle cut at buffer support and takes modified m14 mags. 2 The KAC SR-25/Armalite AR-10a which has angle cut at buffer support and accept Pmags. 3 DPMS LR308 which has a radius cut (like milspec ar15) at buffer support and takes Magpul Pmags. After that I've heard armalite uses different gas tube lengths for carbine and mid and different buffer assemblys but wait for someone more knowledgeable to get better info. I was told recently that the most important part of any gun was the barrel and that any custom build should start there. In that respect and with regards to previous comnents maybe price a custom barrel in a custom gas length with the appropriate barrel nut for whatever upper you want and see if price fits...?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top