Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2015 9:22:35 PM EDT
So I have been reading a lot on here and other websites and decided to build my first rifle. This is also my first rifle I will own as I have previously just had handguns. Wanted to create something budget for the range and home defense (against zombies ), designed for shorter distances.

I am currently gathering the parts. I took advantage of some good online sales and for everything I should be at around $650-700. This includes me splurging on a Zombie Defense lower as they are a located just down the street from me.

Barrel - Ballistic Advantage 16" 5.56 M4 Carbine Length Barrel, Modern Series
Lower - Zombie Defense
Upper - Damage Industries Upper Receiver, Stripped, 1913 Rail Top, USGI M4
BCG - Damage Industries Complete Select-Fire (Nickel Boron) M16/M4/AR15
Trigger - ALG Defense Combat Trigger (ACT) 05-199
Lower parts kit - PSA MOE LPK w/o Fire Control Group - Black - 7241
Grip/ Stock - Magpul
Handguard - Palmetto State Armory Polymer Carbine Rail

I plan on getting a Vortex StrikeFire II red-dot optic (not included in above price)

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a fun build. Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds legit, enjoy............
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Post pics when done, please.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post pics when done, please.
View Quote

Sure, I will post pics as I go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Lower assembly done. Roll pins were a pain in the ass to get in. But I got it done eventually. I should have the upper done by the weekend.

I found the cheaperthandirt instructional videos on youtube a great help. Each video was short and to the point.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the lower!
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty much done...

Just waiting for a cantilever mount for the optic to raise it and a sling to arrive in the mail. I also want to add a light eventually.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
For some reason my pics are not embedding!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For some reason my pics are not embedding!!!
View Quote

Gotta have 50 post count to get that privilege, or a mod has to green light them otherwise. Something about a plethora of unauthorized penis pics in the past caused that rule to come in effect.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top