Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2015 10:28:45 AM EDT
Hello everyone,
I'm a first time AR builder so we'll see how this goes. My plan if a basic rifle in 300 blk.

My only part so far is my 80% lower. I had actually purchased three of them but gave two of them away so I hope I don't hose this up or I'll be ordering more

Most likely for this go round I'll purchase an assembled upper and maybe if this goes well and I'm comfortable I'll get into trying to build one down the road.

Have a few kids doesn't leave me with much of a rifle fund so this build will have to happen for sub $500.

Wish me luck!

I ordered my 80% from here. Three for $125 shipped and I sold two of them so total so far is $41.67.

Received....

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Those are the earlier gen 1 lowers. They do not have the rear shelf machined out. Requires a little more machine work and an extra set up, but they will be fine when you are done
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
SOTA arms has good barrels for cheap, as does Aero Precision if you can catch them on sale.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those are the earlier gen 1 lowers. They do not have the rear shelf machined out. Requires a little more machine work and an extra set up, but they will be fine when you are done
View Quote
I've started the work and am about half way. Using the 80% Arms Universal Easy jig is just about that...pretty easy if you take your time and follow the instructions.

Not out of the woods yet so I'll see how I do....lol

I also got the jig from the same site and once I'm finished with it I'll probably pass it along as I'm not factoring that into the cost of my rifle.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top