Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2015 9:36:03 AM EDT
I posted awhile ago asking opinions on parts I was planning on buying for my first AR build. Now comes some more specific questions. I finished my lower, and all that is left for my upper is the barrel and hand guard. I was planning on going with the Novesle Chrome Lined 16 barrel which of course is currently out of stock as well as the BCM KMR15 hand guard which again is currently out of stock. If you have either of these, is it worth waiting, and if not, please give me some options to look into. I want to stick with the 16in chrome lined barrel with a mid length gas system, as well as a 15in modular hand guard. Suggestions and opinions welcome, I'll even welcome criticism.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I love these barrels. I have used Criterion on my last 3 builds and could not be happier. I even have this exact same barrel one one of them. Fit, finish and accuracy are all superb.

16" chrome lined mid length
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I was also thinking of the BCM barrel if anyone has input on those
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Noveske and BCM make good stuff, but they are not the only ones.
Criterion certainly makes good barrels and they apply the chrome in a way that is least disruptive to accuracy.
There are plenty of others with good reps making CL or nitride barrels.
I use YHM rails, but you should be able to pick something you like and Google for reviews.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
BCM would be a good choice. Also if your open to a stainless barrel Rainier has some in stock and they are a great barrel.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top