Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2015 3:45:42 PM EDT
This one isn't going to be for everyone.

The upper, lower and FF handguard are going to get Aervoe OD sprayed.
The Hellbreaker lower will get white teeth and eyes and red/black mouth.  

A2 buffer assembly and Daniel Defense LPK are inbound.
I just need to find the best price on a JP tank brake for a definitive finishing touch.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The buttstock looks really nice
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#3]
It really doesn't suit my tastes but it is cool. The wood stock and grip are different. I think it will look cool when you are finished.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Should think about adding a wood veneer to/for the front handguard.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I think this would be a really nice touch.  It is a bit different and in its own way looks really good.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think this would be a really nice touch.  It is a bit different and in its own way looks really good.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want the upper, lower and hand guard to all match the OD color scheme, but those free float tubes would indeed be a great candidate to use a veneer on.  That will be an idea for the next build.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The buttstock looks really nice
View Quote

The buttstock and grip are walnut and came pre-finished from blackgunswood.com.  They are a really nice set.  The stock is fitted with a Pachmyr buttpad too.
In the past I've gotten unfinished walnut stuff from Ironwood Designs, but this assembly has been taking too long as it is and I wanted to try someone new anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Different in a cool way.  Needs an actual mount for the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#9]
update:
Progress has been slow as I've had a lot of other things going on, but things are proceeding.
I love the WWII OD from Aervoe.  They sell multiple shades of OD, I picked up the WWII and post-WWII colors.  Trying the both out, the WWII is a little more khaki colored, which I really like.  The slightly greener post-WWII might go better with the wood stock, but I'm going to roll with it as is for now.  I can always refinish it.

Choice of optic has been a struggle.  I briefly considered getting a repro M84 scope, but that feels too far off the deep end.  For now I have a Weaver K2.5 in a PEPR mount.  I actually like the scope but want a different mount for it.

Shark mouth won't get painted until everything else is in place and checks out.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#10]
That looks phenomenal, but I am having a difficult time getting the Aervoe field drab to come out smooth without any clumps.  That stuff is thick!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That looks phenomenal, but I am having a difficult time getting the Aervoe field drab to come out smooth without any clumps.  That stuff is thick!!!
View Quote

Shake the shit out of the can.  When you think you've shaken it enough, shake it more.  Keep shaking in between each spray too.
And I held the can at least 12 inches from the gun, with lots of back and forth.  After the initial coat dried for about 30 mins I did another coat.  There may be areas that get missed after the first coat, but you can get them later, if you try to get 100% coverage on that first coat it is going to be too thick.  Just my $.02.

Also, is your s[pray nozzle clean?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, that is gorgeous!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top