Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2015 5:27:56 AM EDT
Looking to build a nice varmint upper using a Wilson Arms 20" stainless bull barrel. Anyone have any recommendations for a nice quadrail for the occasion? Or any kind of rail but the tube style.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
ALG has some very nice M-Lok rails in 3 different versions and several lengths...check them out.

http://algdefense.com/rails.html
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#2]
ALG defense has 20% off everything right now. The quality is tits and you can get a 15" M-LOK for about $130.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my Midwest Industries SS Gen2 hand guard.  

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=450

On a 20" barrel go 12 or 15 and mount our a bipod and you should be GTG.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the lightweight Midwest industries mlok handguards or the bcm keymod because they are so light which should help with the balance of the the heavy barrel.

I know you don't want a tube type but I just picked up a yhm free float tube for $50 and imo it's a great bargain if you don't need rail space.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Midwest Industries 15" Gen II KeyMod comes in at about 9 oz. about the lightest one out there and the quality is superb. Makes that ol bull barrel set up just a cunt hair lighter. Can't go wrong. The have black , OD Green, Flat dark earth. Just about any color you want. I have two. One is the exact rifle barrel your talking about.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Geissele MK4
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Midwest Industries 15" Gen II KeyMod comes in at about 9 oz. about the lightest one out there and the quality is superb. Makes that ol bull barrel set up just a cunt hair lighter. Can't go wrong. The have black , OD Green, Flat dark earth. Just about any color you want. I have two. One is the exact rifle barrel your talking about.
View Quote

This!! Couldn't be happier with mine.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I am searching for the same set up for a WOA match barrel build that has to fit over .936 GB with an OD of 1.5".....so far my options are Odin and Seekins that both make rails to fit over suppressors (1.6" ID, and 1.8" ID).
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am searching for the same set up for a WOA match barrel build that has to fit over .936 GB with an OD of 1.5".....so far my options are Odin and Seekins that both make rails to fit over suppressors (1.6" ID, and 1.8" ID).
View Quote

JP tubes are 1.75 I.D. or 2" od. They also offer them in a extra long 17" version.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the OP didn't want a tube?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top