Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2015 4:49:52 PM EDT
Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but here goes---

I've posted this on another forum, but I figured I'd get more input here..

I've recently gotten an NFA Trust. I got it because my county sheriff ( Ilive outside city limits) is known to be an NFA form non-signer.

Anyway, we've all probably heard that the current administration wants to amend the NFA Trust regulations to require CLEO sign off, etc. and they will maybe or maybe not be doing this or pushing it off again in December of this year.

My issue is that I have 6 firearms I'd like to convert to SBRs. 2 are "pistols" and the others are rifles with barrel extensions on them (Which I hate).

I'm considering sending in Form 1s for all these at one time in order to get this done prior to any rule change. Has anyone ever done something similar? Does the ATF freak out if you send in multiple SBR forms at the same time? Are they less likely to approve under these circumstances? The Lawyer who did my trust (Texas Law Shield) told me that this wasn't an issue, that they had someone do 25 NFA items at the same time but I'd like to know of someone else experience with this sort of thing since I'm new to the Trust world and I don't know if they're just telling me that because they have an interest in my having a trust created through them. (They could have been referring to a class III dealer for all I know)

Thanks for you input.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You're right, wrong forum.  Go here, there's a pic-by-pic how to there that you can follow for submitting F1's online.  You literally cannot screw it up if you read through that thread.

The ATF is pretty much like the Honey Badger.  They don't give a shit.  Submit all 25 F1's all at the same time, or submit only one, it makes no difference to them.  They'll collect that $200 for each stamp without batting an eye.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're right, wrong forum.  Go here, there's a pic-by-pic how to there that you can follow for submitting F1's online.  You literally cannot screw it up if you read through that thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/17_General_Class_3.html

The ATF is pretty much like the Honey Badger.  They don't give a shit.  Submit all 25 F1's all at the same time, or submit only one, it makes no difference to them.  They'll collect that $200 for each stamp without batting an eye.  

View Quote

LOL- thanks for the great info.  5 will be going at one time shortly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/17_General_Class_3.html

He is right. This round I have 5 form ones and 2 form 4s in and hoping for a batch approval any day.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top