Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 4:17:26 PM EDT
Can I make this work with a short front sight post or am I going to need to do some filing? I'm planning on installing an A2 aperture in upper as well. I just want to be able to shoot out to ~50 yards and hit center mass. I have other guns for precision work.

Thanks in advance for answering my dumb question,
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]

there probably will be enough adjustment to make it work. (Probably) is a huge variable.

I have a removable carry handle and a non F marked front sight and it zero'd, but is about maxed out.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

I have an A1 front sight post coming along with the A2 rear aperture. Hoping to get it to zero for me. I guess worse case scenario I get to spend an afternoon at the range.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#3]
It shouldn't be a problem.  I've got a Colt 6922 barrel with the F FSB on an A1 upper and just had to crank the front sight post down a couple turns to zero.  The old A1 carbines used a taller front sight post.  It's extra height is the same as the extra height of the deck on an F FSB.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have done exactly what you are describing you want to do. Used a DPMS A1/C7  upper, F marked BCM barrel, and installed an A2 rear sight aperture. Just took a few more turns down on front sight to get zeroed.

Has quickly become one of my favorite rifles to shoot
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.

I'm excited about this build. I've missed shooting irons. I think it's going to be a fun plinker. I got it together this week. I cleaned it today with break cleaner and I'm going to give it a rattle can paint job this weekend. Looking forward to getting it out to the range soon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's see some pics when your done
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I've got both an A1/603(bought at a gunshow new in 1980)upper as well as a 1974 SP1 with F marked dimension (in the case of the SP1, it has a new unmarked 6720 Colt pencil barrel. but those have F marked dimensions from what I've gathered) FSB. The A1 is a 11.5" F marked J&T. Zero issues zeroing them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let's see some pics when your done
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top