Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:15:33 AM EDT
I like to hear some reviews and quality report..
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of these w the CHF barrel. Absolutely no problems. Less than 1000 rounds though because I'm not a fan of the heavy barrel. All my other ar's have lighter profile barrels and this one doesn't get grabbed out of the safe so much. Other than that perfect.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]
PSA barrel quality is very good, but as stated they don't use a very light barrel.

If you don't have a problem building an upper yourself, check in EE for some very nice Spike's Dissy barrel assemblies...just built one myself.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the CHF PSA dissy.  Some guys have bitched the front sight base is pinned on at the end of a 16" govt profile barrel at .735" diameter.  The gas block is, of course, at the midlenght gas location and properly pinned at the .750 diameter profile.  The front sight is on solid enough.  The hand guard cap is set screwed in position into the FSB.  Some guys bitch that a proper dissy barrel should be profiled down to .625 for an A1 type FSB and that the front hand guard cap should be held in position with a cut end of a gas tube.  

Well, maybe...

...but you ain't getting that done in a complete upper for $279 for sure.  

Mine makes 1/2" groups all day at 50 yards with any garbage fed through it.  I'm happy enough with it.  Let us know how you like it when you get one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a PSA Premium Dissipator, which is PSA' s 4150 CMV version. Front sight solidly pinned without any gaps. Upper is nicely finished. Shoots good. Great barrel. I've had a Lot of ARs since 1983, including Colt,BM, Armalite, RRA, BCM and WOA and Del-Ton, and I'm very pleased with this upper.
Some don't like the PSA laser etched logo, but I don't understand that. The fit and finish of the product is excellent.

Since the handguard cap is held in place  with a small screw, it must be replaced with a cut/shortened gas tube IF you want to add certain handguards such as an KAC M5 RAS. I like PSA's rifle handguards. I didn't at first because I'm used to original Colt fiberglass, but the PSA handguards are growing on me. They're good quality and solid. They are slightly tapered and a little wider than the standard A2 handguards, but they feel solid in the hand and fit the hand well, better than Magpuls. They look identical to the Cavalry Arms handguards.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top