Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/3/2015 11:13:09 PM EDT
Looking for a good quality 14.7" barrel. Other than PSA, who makes them. Also how is the quality of the CHF PSA barrels?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
what configuration?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what configuration?
View Quote

Carbine length and m4 or government profile is fine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Windham Weaponry has 14.5 either pinned or unpinned and chrome lined. Love mine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#4]
PSA CHF's are wonderful, the Premium barrels are nice also. Both are made by FN

The best way to get a PSA CHF barrel is to simply buy the barreled upper. Then either keep it as is, or remove the PSA upper and sell it or keep it for a "spare". Which will turn into another AR
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#5]
If I were going to get a 14.5"/14.7" carbine (I wouldn't, I use mid-length 14.5" barrels) it would be a PSA CHF which are made by FN.

Quality is excellent, but a complete upper would be a better investment if you were not wanting a custom built upper.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The reason for a 14.7 is this is going on a build of spare parts I have. I already have the upper and BCG, also already have a carbine length rail and gas tube. I want this length because I have a BCM comp mod 0, so in order to bring it to legal length I would need a 14.7. As I said most of whats going on this build is stuff I have laying around that the wife wants me to do something with or get rid of.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]
This would do what you need... http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/2730/category/327/ (this is carbine length)

There might be a few others out there in 14.7, but this is an excellent barrel.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
The PSA CHF barrels made by FN are awesome. They have a 14.7" upper but its a mid length, so your carbine HG won't work, and you won't need the carbine length gas tube.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]
It boggles my mind how "specialty" it is to just make a standard 14.5" pinned M4.  Any odd-ball combination on the planet you can imagine is easier to get parts for, then that standard mass-produced mil-spec configuration.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The PSA CHF barrels made by FN are awesome. They have a 14.7" upper but its a mid length, so your carbine HG won't work, and you won't need the carbine length gas tube.
View Quote

Love mine !
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]
How would yall compare a CHF from PSA to DD CHF? My main point of concern would be: Does PSA's quality control stack up to DD? Which companies barrels tend to be more accurate and produce tighter groups?  Once the the barrel starts to heat up which barrel opens up more?

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top