Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2015 4:21:31 PM EDT
I'm not close on this build at all but I'd like to have some ideas up front.  In fact, I'm scouting for the lower this week and of course I'll have some paperwork to do after that.  But, as I'm budgeting and trying to pick everything out I'm having trouble with the rail selection.  

This is my first SBR and I'm taking a lightweight approach although I don't intend to break any records.

Most likely I'll be using 2A Balios upper/lower set and I've preordered the new 11.5 Gunner faxon barrel.  That's a mid length gas.  I intend to pay the tax twice here and follow up the build with a suppressor.  Im leaning toward a Halo to fit over an A2 flash hider.  With that setup I guess I don't really need an open rail that can take the suppressor inside.

So, if you were building this rifle what would your top few choices be?

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm not close on this build at all but I'd like to have some ideas up front.  In fact, I'm scouting for the lower this week and of course I'll have some paperwork to do after that.  But, as I'm budgeting and trying to pick everything out I'm having trouble with the rail selection.  

This is my first SBR and I'm taking a lightweight approach although I don't intend to break any records.

Most likely I'll be using 2A Balios upper/lower set and I've preordered the new 11.5 Gunner faxon barrel.  That's a mid length gas.  I intend to pay the tax twice here and follow up the build with a suppressor.  Im leaning toward a Halo to fit over an A2 flash hider.  With that setup I guess I don't really need an open rail that can take the suppressor inside.

View Quote

BIG GUNNER barrel. ;)

Oh, wait...
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes sorry,should have said:  the 'LIL BIG GUNNER barrel.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:16:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

snip

View Quote

Geissele

ALG

Mega

MI

Since I finished my last build, I have decided that all future builds will have a Geissele rail.     The only downside is availability, they sell as fast as they make them.  

If you don't mind the extra weight, then an old school Larue rail would be my top choice for a traditional rail.

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Geissele
ALG
Mega
MI

Since I finished my last build, I have decided that all future builds will have a Geissele rail.     The only downside is availability, they sell as fast as they make them.  

If you don't mind the extra weight, then an old school Larue rail would be my top choice for a traditional rail.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Geissele
ALG
Mega
MI

Thanks. I've been looking over the ones you've suggested and a few more.  It is still early but I think the MI 10.5" Keymod might do the trick.  7.7oz is definitely reasonable too, doubtful that I'd put in the V7 titanium to shed maybe 1 ounce.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been digging the slr rifleworks offerings lately, I think one of their intrepids would be perfect for your build. They also come in a bit cheaper then the geissele's, however you can't go wrong with one of the geissele mk8 smr's.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I second the midwest industries, light weight and look sexy
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Was hoping to see rail on sale for the fourth.  Managed to pick up a few other parts on the list... Making progress as I await the stamp.

Anxious to get the one together.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top