Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2015 11:44:20 PM EDT
Looking for 16 inch mid with Front sight post or an 18 or 20 inch.

Want it to be under $90 between 90 and 125 shipped but a good barrel.

Saw lots that fit the criteria a month or so ago but was not ready then.

Anything out there?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Edit ..... self deleted my post response after wisdom won out against the 6pack
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 7:46:49 AM EDT
[#2]
How do you have 3500+ posts here and not know that it will be damn near impossible to find a GOOD barrel, shipped, for under 90$. I mean you can get a barrel for that much, sure, I do not know how good I would call it. It will work, but as far as corrosion resistance, accuracy, longevity, etc, it is a crap shoot. That being said, I think I paid 120 for my YHM 10.5 barrel when it was on sale at PA. Look for sales, that is my answer. Sales are your friend. Also this all depends on your definition of the word "good".

I hope that gave you a little guidance.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont mind paying a little more for the right one bit like I said, therw were several that fit the criteria around a month ago.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Looking for 16 inch mid with Front sight post or an 18 or 20 inch.
Want it to be under $90 between 90 and 125 shipped but a good barrel.
Saw lots that fit the criteria a month or so ago but was not ready then.
Anything out there?
View Quote

Not $90 - $125, "a bit more", but good barrels for the money.  http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/ar-15-m16-m4-rifle-barrels/

http://www.redbarnarmory.com/16inch-556-M4-Nitrided-AR15-barrel-1-7-twist-p/rba16m417.htm

http://www.redbarnarmory.com/RBA-16-Gov-Profle-Barrel-CCL7-p/rba16govccl17.htm

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a green mountain from a dealer on the EE. Ive gotten a crap load of good deals from him in the last month. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_22/1436411_5_56_BARREL_OVERSTOCK_10_5_and_16_CHEAP.html. I've seen the same barrel with other dealers for $50-75 more. The best part.........that's the shipped price.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Green Mountain barrels are first rate and a hell of a good deal.

Vince
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#7]
If you saw them here a month ago, can't you just do a search and find the posts you are talking about.?
In that price range I wouldn't call them good, but cheap.
You Might look at the Bear Creek Arsenal stuff out of North Carolina, I have read good things about them and considered one for a short time but decided to get a "good" barrel instead.

I say just do what I did and wait until you have saved up more money, then buy a good barrel. I know it takes longer and it's hard to wait, but in the end you will be very glad you did.
My build took 7 months and I averaged $143 per month in spending. But Now I have a top notch AR ( finished building last week)

Complete Black Rain Billet Lower w/ Magpul furniture
Crosshill Technologies XSR-15 Side Charging Billet Upper w/ NiB BCG, & bolt
Black Hole Weaponry 18" mid length Stainless Barrel (Caudle 3 Land Polygonal Rifling )
Rousch Sports 12" keymod UltraSlim hand guard, Gas Block & Tube

Shot it for the 1st. time yesterday and can cover my 3 shot groups with a quarter! and for someone who has never had a AR or a rifle, I have to give the barrel the credit for that accuracy.
So Glad I held off and took longer to get better quality
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is the best deal you'l find on a quality 16" barrel with FSB... Spike's FN CHF barrel.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here is the best deal you'l find on a quality 16" barrel with FSB... Spike's FN CHF barrel.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the link!

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you saw them here a month ago, can't you just do a search and find the posts you are talking about.?
In that price range I wouldn't call them good, but cheap.
You Might look at the Bear Creek Arsenal stuff out of North Carolina, I have read good things about them and considered one for a short time but decided to get a "good" barrel instead.

I say just do what I did and wait until you have saved up more money, then buy a good barrel. I know it takes longer and it's hard to wait, but in the end you will be very glad you did.
My build took 7 months and I averaged $143 per month in spending. But Now I have a top notch AR ( finished building last week)

Complete Black Rain Billet Lower w/ Magpul furniture
Crosshill Technologies XSR-15 Side Charging Billet Upper w/ NiB BCG, & bolt
Black Hole Weaponry 18" mid length Stainless Barrel (Caudle 3 Land Polygonal Rifling )
Rousch Sports 12" keymod UltraSlim hand guard, Gas Block & Tube

Shot it for the 1st. time yesterday and can cover my 3 shot groups with a quarter! and for someone who has never had a AR or a rifle, I have to give the barrel the credit for that accuracy.
So Glad I held off and took longer to get better quality
View Quote

I can easily find them all.  I have them saved and bookmarked.  The problem is the deals are over.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#11]
faxon
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
faxon
View Quote

Yes?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Get on ballistic advantage's mailing list.  They have a "barrel of the week".  There's been a few great deals here lately.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Get on ballistic advantage's mailing list.  They have a "barrel of the week".  There's been a few great deals here lately.
View Quote

True indeed.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top