Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:14:35 PM EDT
Well, this idea came to life because my other A2 rifles are simply waaaay too awesome to beat the snot out of.   I need a beater, and so why not DIY ? !   Okay, time to start......Found a reasonably good deal on an A2 upper - stripped - at Brownell's.  I was not going for the super cheap DPMS jobs seen elsewhere because Brownell's did not list the material in the catalog.   Not taking chances on getting some 6061 clunker!   Got the B.A.F. job, and it arrived looking good .   Needed a barrel, and Indiana Army Surplus had one A2 FNMI tube left.  The two fitted up perfectly upon arrival.  I ordered the Brownell's A2 assembly kit from DPMS, and except for the A2 rear sight base, the parts look and work well..  The base will need to be replaced at some point, but works OK in a pinch.  Until these parts showed up, I used a sight assembly off of a carry handle.   The parts bin yielded up an A2 suppressor and peel washer, plus the gas tube and pin.  A ultra early chrome Colt carrier was fitted with a spare FN bolt in new condition. Add a charging handle and - BOOM! -  upper is GTG !
     CTD fixed me up with a UTG A2 stock assy. in FDE...to match my parts box Cav. Arms. handies.   This was a complete set-up, although the spring and buffer are gun show fodder grade.  I also used a USGI butt plate and door assy.   Lower came from a local PGH shop....a Spikes Calico, and soon stuffed with a surprisingly good W/W LPK !   Install a MIAD grip, and the Truck Gun Deuce is ready to fondle !  Really had a blast putting all this stuff together, and I'll continue to up-grade a number of components over the next year or so.  No need to take it easy with this girl.....she doesn't have a safe queen gene in her Alpha Deuce body !
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
so let's see some pics brother man
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
PICS
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PICS
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

PICS
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PICS

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PICS
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a glorious monstrosity! Let's see it!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#8]
My camera is busted...but fear not!    We'll get some shots up soon.  For now - picture a standard A2 with MIAD   and FDE  furniture.  That's pretty much it.....until I get the back porch paint booth set up, and the camo paint on this girl !   HO - Yeah !  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PICS

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PICS

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#11]
No pics no care
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top