Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2015 2:15:23 PM EDT
I just bought a g2s and now I am second guessing and kinda wish I would have bought a SSA. I currently own a timney 3lb, RRA NM and a pof 4.5lb. Should I cancel my order before it ships and pay the extra $40 for the SSA?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the g2s and the SSA.  Aside from installation, I can't really tell a difference.  They both feel pretty much the same.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
There wasn't enough difference from my looking to justify the bump in price from the G2S and the SSA. It should work fine for you, but if you want to cancel then do it. Get what you want and you wouldn't be second guessing yourself...

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If you cancel and order the SSA you might second guess that you didn't go all the way to the SSA-E.  If it's already ordered you must have felt the G2S would suit your needs.  Sometimes it is best to go with the initial hunch.  

All I have read indicates the G2 is the same parts, unmarked, without the finish quality; but made by Geissele just the same.  Let us know how it functions for you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Ill just leave it alone then. Its for my 300 blackout sbr build with a 10.5 noveske barrel. I figured its a short range gun and the g2s would fit the bill. Thanks for the replies and for those who have used one whats the pull weight or does it differ from one set to the next?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ill just leave it alone then. Its for my 300 blackout sbr build with a 10.5 noveske barrel. I figured its a short range gun and the g2s would fit the bill. Thanks for the replies and for those who have used one whats the pull weight or does it differ from one set to the next?
View Quote

g2s and ssa have the same pull weight.  If you are using it on your HD gun, then you don't want to go lighter than those two triggers (i.e. to the ssa-e).  Bill G. made a video talking about the benefits of each trigger.  FWIW, I have an SSA in my .300blk (8.5") SBR.  It is fantastic, but again, it feels the same as the g2s which I have in my 6.8.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok thanks, I read that they were the same pull weight but you never know what the truth is. Good to hear positive comments on it and it being the same feel as the SSA.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok thanks, I read that they were the same pull weight but you never know what the truth is. Good to hear positive comments on it and it being the same feel as the SSA.
View Quote

FYI  long but worth the time!

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently put a G2S into my 20" build, it feels the same as the SSA that adorns my Bushmaster 16" carbine. I'd say stick with it, and use the extra money saved on some ammo.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]
You might not want to look here
If you do, act quickly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I would have to pay sales tax and shipping at primary arms and that brings it to what it would be normally from other vendors. I ordered the g2s from some place else with free shipping and 5% off the $164 price tag. I actually used the $40 difference from the ssa and bought a magpul ms4 sling to try out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I own both...and love both.

In a blind taste test...there is no difference.

Enjoy your trigger and don't look back.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I will enjoy it after that form 1 gets back!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top