Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2015 1:45:19 PM EDT
I posted on here a while back on this build but here it is with its Leupold vx-r patrol and their one piece mount. This thing shoots great and is just a range/fun gun, barrel is on the heavy side.

spikes lower
timney 3lb
dpms slick side upper
wmd nickel boron bcg
dpms mini sass 5.56 18"
midwest gen 2 ss 15" rail
magpul acs-l stock
spikes h2 buffer and spring
spikes dyna comp
leupold vx-r patrol 3-9x
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you like the VX-R patrol?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do you like the VX-R patrol?
View Quote

The glass is pretty darn good, I like the illuminated dot, the auto off/on function, its a mil/mil scope and it tracks well. I don't like how large the reticle is, at 100 yards its hard to shoot for groups at small target dots. And at 300 yards my 3" ar500 target is almost covered. But its not a bench rest gun and I just use another scope to test loads out or just use larger target and have been able to shoot sub moa groups. Another plus is the great eye relief and the low weight compared to other 3-9x optics. My range is only 300 yards so thats all I have been able to take it out to but it works very well and I can hit that 3" steel target without problems as long as I read the wind.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I particularly like the slick side upper. I did that with mine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice looking build, the smoked mag is a good fit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I do as well, figured I never used a foward assist on a work gun I probably didn't need one on a fun gun.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top