Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2015 3:14:35 AM EDT
I just completed my build and began putting my rear BUIS on the upper.  Problem!  The sights won't slide on to the rail.  As stated in title, sight is Troy di-optic fixed BattleSight.  Upper is Aero Precision (blem).  It seems like the coating on the parts it maybe a smidgen too thick.  I was able to get the Troy going, but then it stopped.  I pulled it off and tried again, a few times.  Each subsequent installation seemed to move a bit farther if I worked the site based side-to-side.  I worked at it for some time, and got the site just past the first rail slot, but not far enough to put in the pin.

I have sent an email to Troy asking about fit issues and how to verify if I got the "real deal".  I did purchase from reputable on-line retailer, so I don't think it is a knock-off, but would like to be sure.  If all checks out with Troy, I will likely resort to some light filing as research shows that is not unheard of and the friction wear I was inducing seemed to be working, but it was too much effort to continue in that manner.

Any thoughts from the hive?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd probably suspect the issue is with a blemishes part first. It could also just be a tight fitting assembly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I am in contact with Troy to make sure I have the "real deal", if I do, then I will do some light filing on the sight to make a better fit.  I will do it very slow just a few passes at a time so I don't wear through the coating.  Although it is an aluminum part so that really should not be an issue if it does occur.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought troy was stanag NATO  mount instead of picatinny, lots of people have issues. Mostly the angles on the clamps aren't the same. I could be wrong on this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought troy was stanag NATO  mount instead of picatinny, lots of people have issues. Mostly the angles on the clamps aren't the same. I could be wrong on this.
View Quote

This.. and F troy
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.. and F troy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.. and F troy

You guys were right on the money.  The upper left angle on the mount base was not steep enough.  I ended up taking a triangle file to it and it fits now.  I will use like this until I get an optic and replace with a folding rear sight.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top