Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2015 10:12:21 PM EDT
Just got done putting this together the current stock will be swapped for a B5 Sopmod stock. Not sure what optic I am going to use on it yet I have a Bushnell DMRl 3.5x21 mil dot that I may borrow from my M1A but it is way to dam heavy to keep on it. This was built from parts that where laying around minus the barrel. Really looking forward to seeing how the accuracy is on the Bison barrels I have heard nothing but good things about the accuracy.
16 inch REECE Bison Armory barrel
Knights URX 3.1
AAC 51t Brakeout QD mount
ARMS BUIS
Troy fixed front
PSA lower
A2 stock
" />
" />
" />
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. I really like it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. New school in front, old school in back
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet, I've always liked the A2 on a carbine.

Report back with some accuracy results from that bison barrel please!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet, I've always liked the A2 on a carbine.

Report back with some accuracy results from that bison barrel please!
View Quote

I will I just need to get a scope for it. I will be swapping stocks the A2 adds a lot of length to it and kind of defeats the purpose of a more compact build.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're going with a multi position carbine stock, you will also have to change your tube and spring to a multi position tube and carbine spring. Save that A2 stock though and you can do a retro build

What sight do you have on that for the rear one? Is that the A.R.M.S #40?

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you're going with a multi position carbine stock, you will also have to change your tube and spring to a multi position tube and carbine spring. Save that A2 stock though and you can do a retro build

What sight do you have on that for the rear one? Is that the A.R.M.S #40?

View Quote

Yeah its a ARMS #40 I built this with spare parts I had laying around minus the barrel. This is my 10th plus build so I had lots of parts laying around. The A2 is off a old pre ban colt lower I sold, I will be keeping it most likely get used on a Sam-R build I am planning to do.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered a Bushnell 1-6.5x24 scope to go on the top of this build I am relay looking forward to trying it out. I was going to put my US Optics ER 25 on top of it but it was a bit to large. Will post pictures once the scope and rings arrive.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
How much for the A2 stock? Im looking to do a retro build.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Added a Larue RAT stock and optic my arms sights would not fit under my scope so I will have to at my match.
Not sure I want to part with my A2 stock it will be going on a Sam-r build if I Knights every makes the RAS 12 inch free float.
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#10]
There's a lot to be said about a simple honest rifle.
Now get yourself a box of 20 round mags!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There's a lot to be said about a simple honest rifle.
Now get yourself a box of 20 round mags!
View Quote

I just bought 20 20 rounders when they were on sale a couple weeks ago plus I have a shit pot the straight 20 rounders for my MK12. I am really impressed with this barrel makes me wish I would have used them on my MK12 builds versus the Douglas barrels.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top