Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2015 7:45:23 PM EDT
Thinking of trying a HBAR(5.56) 16" carbine gas system and a RRA A2 rifle stock kit. Will I run into any known problems with this combo???? What will I need to change---if anything??

Just looking to build something a little different, over what is normally seen at the range.

If anybody has pictures of a HBAR 16" barrel  with 12" FF handguard  and sporting an A2 buttstock setup, I'd love to see some pics.  

Haven't decided on scope mount or glass yet.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
No problems, It works.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  Be like running an H3 buffer in a carbine RE.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope I have the carbine and rra operator a2 stock and it shoots great
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Gang, I wasn't sure this combo would work without changing the rifle buffer to a lighter carbine one.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I wasn't sure this combo would work without changing the rifle buffer to a lighter carbine one.
View Quote

Don't do that no matter what!  Carbine buffer is too short for use with a rifle length RE; the gas key will smack the RE housing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If your going to use the rifle stock use a rifle buffer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't do that no matter what!  Carbine buffer is too short for use with a rifle length RE; the gas key will smack the RE housing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wasn't sure this combo would work without changing the rifle buffer to a lighter carbine one.

Major problem noted.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top