Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/24/2015 8:04:21 AM EDT
What company puts together a quality LPK. First I don't like and never will like a 2  stage trigger, so only single stage.  Up grades like KNS pins and ambi saftey would be a plus, but can be added.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#1]
PSA, CMMG, Stag, DD
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy cmmg without the trigger so retail should be around $50 and then get the Quentin defense single stage trigger. It's sweet!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the stag kit but wouldn't hesitate to grab a PSA.

All the parts looked great and fit no problem.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I would go with the CMMG kit. It's color coded, so it's easy to work with. The trigger is meh, but if you enjoy working with your system, you can do the 15 minute trigger job and maybe add a set screw, if you have the grip hole: Adjustable Grip Set Screw. If you don't enjoy monkeying with these sort of things, a drop in trigger would be fantastic
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy cmmg without the trigger so retail should be around $50 and then get the Quentin defense single stage trigger. It's sweet!
View Quote

Yes to the CMMG sans FCG, then get the ALG or Spikes Battle Trigger.  Both are milspec-based, but polished and/or NiB coated to remove all hints of grittiness.  Best part they are both under $60.  I've used both and they feel identical to me, so advantage to neither.  They are equally good.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
check red barn armory for their lpk, comes with essentials and you can add parts that you would upgrade anyway for a discount
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
This ^^^

http://www.redbarnarmory.com/RBA-Build-your-own-LPK-p/rbalpkcustom.htm
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I use RRA exclusively.  They're the best quality for the price.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]
i use psa for all my builds
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#10]
PSA MOE QMS LPK...get one ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:02:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
PSA MOE QMS LPK...get one ASAP.
View Quote

This!!!! Buy many
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:00:39 AM EDT
[#12]
If you are using the ENTIRE LPK get the DD. ($80) The kits themselves are great and for a stock trigger its probably one of the best (Stock, not aftermarket).

If you are planning on changing the trigger, Get a Spikes W/O FCG.

Spikes is pretty good also.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#13]
DON'T BUY ANDERSON MANUFACTURING LPK

Read about my adventure with them here: My_2nd_and_3rd_builds
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
DON'T BUY ANDERSON MANUFACTURING LPK

Read about my adventure with them here: My_2nd_and_3rd_builds
View Quote

I used 2 Anderson LPK's. I didn't have the problem you described but if you build enough and use enough different kits you will run into problems with most of them.

That said...I haven't had any problems with PSA's kits with the 20 or so I've used over the years and will continue to use them. I have noticed that their FCG is inconsistent. Some are smooth without a lot of travel, some are rough WITH a lot of travel. It may have been the lowers who knows. Nothing that couldn't be fixed so it didn't bother me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey,  it's the hourly "what LPK do I use post".

Try a WOA.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Try a WOA.
View Quote

Well it matches nicely with the hourly "are Anderson lowers GTG?" thread

OP, if you want something besides a stock trigger that your either gonna have to fix or shoot many rounds until your happy buy a LPK without the FCG. Or, buy a LPK with an aftermarket FCG. PSA, amongst others, has stock kits with ALG Defense FCG.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If you are using the ENTIRE LPK get the DD. ($80) The kits themselves are great and for a stock trigger its probably one of the best (Stock, not aftermarket).

If you are planning on changing the trigger, Get a Spikes W/O FCG.

Spikes is pretty good also.
View Quote

+1 on the Spikes W/O FCG.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#18]
This question comes up a lot around here. Curious if anyone has ever had a part from a LPK fail? I upgrade all of my triggers to Geissele triggers but outside of that has anyone had a spring or detent pin break?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OP, if you want something besides a stock trigger that your either gonna have to fix or shoot many rounds until your happy buy a LPK without the FCG. Or, buy a LPK with an aftermarket FCG. PSA, amongst others, has stock kits with ALG Defense FCG.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try a WOA.

Or the , I am new and what rifle should I buy post.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I like the WOA LPG w/o the FCG. Then I can add the ALG ACT and have great performance at a reasonable price. I have also used the Aero Precision full LPK and the trigger is not too bad. A very slight amount of polishing on the trigger resulted in a perfectly functioning lower for low $$$.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top