Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2015 7:43:38 PM EDT
I was going through my bags of small parts to get them organized an come across a bunch of parts that were in a repair kit I got from Bushmaster quite a few years ago. I identified all of the parts except these.

I know the flat piece is part of the rear sight assembly and am wondering if the springs are sight parts too. I know the larger spring is not for the buffer retainer since it's too large. Here is a picture of the springs with a sight diagram from the USMC TM book. I'm thinking the two small springs are for part # 4 & 13, but have no clue about the other two springs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard to tell what they are unless you have a ruler or something in the photo so we can see how big they are. The black piece looks like the insert from the front of a Magpul AFG, but the springs are hard to tell without knowing their exact size.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard to tell what they are unless you have a ruler or something in the photo so we can see how big they are. The black piece looks like the insert from the front of a Magpul AFG, but the springs are hard to tell without knowing their exact size.
View Quote

the big spring is 1" long and slightly larger diameter than a buffer retainer spring. After looking on WOA's site I think it's a rear sight elevation spring.

medium sized spring is 3/4" long and about same diameter(it is a touch bigger) as the safety spring. The way the spring is stretched out is throwing me off, it doesn't match anything I've looked at.

Two small springs I'm now pretty sure are rear sight index springs

The flat piece is the rear sight flat spring.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

the big spring is 1" long and slightly larger diameter than a buffer retainer spring. After looking on WOA's site I think it's a rear sight elevation spring.

medium sized spring is 3/4" long and about same diameter(it is a touch bigger) as the safety spring. The way the spring is stretched out is throwing me off, it doesn't match anything I've looked at.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The medium spring is the front sight detent spring. Looks like you've got a full A2 sight spring set.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:55:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The medium spring is the front sight detent spring. Looks like you've got a full A2 sight spring set.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Do you know if the springs for the rear A2 sight will work on the rear carry handle sights also? I would assume the springs would be the same.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top