Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2015 11:59:20 PM EDT
Just wanted to thank everyone who offered advice and suggestions on everything. I couldn't be happier with the results of the build just need to figure out an optic and I think I will be good to go! I have been so busy with putting everything together, work, and a crap load of snow that just dumped on us I haven't even shot it yet!

I am also going to be ordering a BCM gunfighter comp mod 1 to bring it to the correct length.

Finally the UPS man showed up!

Slapped it on the lower and it's finally coming together!

I also had some spare time the other day so I stippled a bunch of PMAG's a bought a while back and that was really fun and easy and it enhances the grip texture of the magazines.

I also purchased a pelican 1750 rifle case that hopefully I will get around to cutting this weekend if anyone has suggestions for that it would be greatly appreciated! Once again thanks for everyones help!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If someone can make my images appear that would be awesome!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:59:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice first build...I wish I would have been as smart as you with my first build!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Well done.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for those links I'm going to check it out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone care to comment who has used both a standard A2X and a BCM MOD 1 compensator care to chime in and tell me if those differences are worth $70-$80 difference? I'm having a hard time justifying spending the $100 on a compensator. I have read and heard rave reviews about the mod 1. Someone just push me over the edge please!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Your stippling job looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking rifle ya got there!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks good
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks fantastic! What length is the forend? And how did you do the stippling?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep the A2.There's a study out there that showed how well the standard bird cage fared against the more expensive ones and it was really surprising. If I wasn't on my phone I'd provide a link.Just google ar15 compensator comparison. He provided slow motion video and a really good write up.

Matel
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep the A2.There's a study out there that showed how well the standard bird cage fared against the more expensive ones and it was really surprising. If I wasn't on my phone I'd provide a link.Just google ar15 compensator comparison. He provided slow motion video and a really good write up.

Matel
View Quote

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/11/jeremy-s/556-muzzle-device-shootout/
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#13]
is that a BCM marked MI rail?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes the MI rail is marked BCM I had never seen that before either.

The stippling was done with a regular wood burning tool I bought from Walmart it's really easy to do once you get a rhythm.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks great. You did a nice job on the stippling. All's that left is to take it out and report back on how it shoots.  You should turn your front sight around though.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top