Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2015 3:07:14 PM EDT
Difficulty: Easy (just like the name)

This is a bit overdue, but decided that it deserves a review!

Used on the Anderson Manufacturing 80% 7075

Tools used:
Easy Jig
Rigid Router 1.5 HP
Dewalt TiN coated drill bits
Mcmasters 3 flute TiN coated end mill
Ryobi power drill
Home Depot drill press vise
WD40

The build of the jig is made for the regular joe.  With no experience with milling what so ever the project amazed even myself.  The assembly of the jig is pretty self explanatory.  And drilling/milling requires nothing but patience.

Drilling: 15-20minutes
The first initial drilling of the 3/8th holes will be taking majority of the material out.  With body weight pressure, apply a good amount of force and frequently clear the drilled material from the holes and bit.  Although it's not cutting fluid, I used WD40 sprayed into a cup so I can dip the bit prior to drilling any holes.  

Milling: 2 Hours (T6-7075)
IMPORTANT ***TAKE YOUR TIME AND COMPLETE EACH PASS***
With 7075-T6 aluminum take 1/4 increments of each hash mark

I waited till the 2nd to the last hash mark to fully mill out the pocket spraying WD40 on the end mill.  This part will be taking a lot of material out.

Keep working the pocket till you bottom out on the main pocket template, follow the same pattern for drilling and milling the Trigger pocket

Finish off with drilling the holes for the Hammer, Trigger and Safety using the bit sizes referenced on the side of the Jig

Test fit your parts and finish off!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry Guys dont know why the photos arent showing, and I still have a 2000 character count limit.  

Anyways, continuing the review....

The Jig is easy to use and would highly recommend it to anyone! Thanks 80%Arms!!  

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice OP, but considering your join date and post count, I hope you're not a shill.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the 80% Arms Easy jig, I've finished two of their lowers using only a router and Ryobi 18V hand drill instead of a drill press.  Both of them turned out great.

edit for typo
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have also used the 80% Arms AR-15 Easy Jig and recommend it. I had zero experience wit 80% lowers or with routers and milling and I am very happy with how mine turned out.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#5]
How do you center the lower in the jig ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:18:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Good work. That's by far the cleanest looking 80 I've ever seen not come off a milling machine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have also used the 80% Arms AR-15 Easy Jig and recommend it. I had zero experience wit 80% lowers or with routers and milling and I am very happy with how mine turned out.

http://youtu.be/HgHJv7Xjik8?list=UUZkyHDJ-XFuREehZiAp-xsw
View Quote

NSZ85's 80%arms video has me thinking even I could finish one of these lowers.  Very good video.  Perhaps it'll be a good father/son or grandfather/father/son project someday since my dad has all the cool power tools.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top