Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2015 3:10:59 PM EDT
Well, I can finally post some pics of my completed (for now) rifle. Rifle was built for fun, range shooting and so that I could have a project to work on and learn more about AR's. I'm still waiting on some BUIS. As soon as Bobro releases their new ones I'm going to order those. Also, I went cheap on the red dot (Primary Arms) because I've never shot with a red dot and I didn't want to spend $700+ for an Aimpoint and a mount only to figure out that I don't like tiny red dots and then have to go through the effort of selling it...I'm happy to spend $100 on the Primary Arms red dot to help me figure out if I want to spend the money for the Aimpoint or if I want to go a different route entirely.  

Going to the range at some point this week, I'll update how it shoots. Beyond that, let me know what you think

Parts list:
upper/lower - Mega Billet
Barrel - MicroMoa 14.5" fluted melonited
Gas Block and gas tube - SLR Rifleworks melonited
Muzzle Brake - Surefire Procomp (pinned)
BCG - Toolcraft Nickle Boron faceted
Charging handle - BCM mod 3
Hand Gaurd - BCM 13" KMR
Trigger - ALG QMS
Rifle Ext - BCM w/H buffer
Stock - Magpul MOE SL
Sling - (inbound) Blue Force Gear

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!

Eta: Is that a quick detach buffer plate?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, and yes it's a BCM QD end plate
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you, and yes it's a BCM QD end plate
View Quote

Great looking stick
Post this in the Mega picture thread
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice! You almost copied me, except I have a 11.5 inch pistol. Same upper, lower, rail, grip and vfg. lol
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
If you get a chance and it's not a hassle for you, do you see any magnification and distance in that rifles future? I'm very interested in reports on those barrels but I find nothing of much substance outside of manufacturers page. Good looking gun regardless, nice work.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you get a chance and it's not a hassle for you, do you see any magnification and distance in that rifles future? I'm very interested in reports on those barrels but I find nothing of much substance outside of manufacturers page. Good looking gun regardless, nice work.
View Quote

I'm waiting for some warmer weather on a more consistent basis, but yes, I do plan to do some distance shooting with this rifle. All I've done so far is one indoor range trip to break the barrel in. It was a 50 yrd range and I just used the red dot. One thing I can say for sure...the Surefire Procomp makes a huge fireball. I think that's why they call themselves Surefire. They are sure that their break will cause fire. First shot almost scared the shit out of me lol. My other rifle is a Rock River and it has some kind of break/comp on it. I thought the RR had a decent fireball until I shot this build.

Thanks for the compliment and I'll report back once I can hit an outdoor range with some distance (and not freeze my ass off).  
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Hear you on that brother, under 70 degrees makes me want to hibernate. I get out a whole lot less over the cold months. Dragging myself out tomorrow to do some testing hopefully not laying in snow.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a nice looking boom stick
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Love me some mega. My personal is a mega. Working on a MATEN build now. Planning on using mega for my other builds down the road. They put out quality. I always wondered how the BCM rail would look on this set. Looks great!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#10]

l Love all my mega's, 308 billet, 6.8, and two 5.56's
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the compliments! I'm super impressed with this rifle. I know I'm not sharing anything that hasn't already been said, but I just can not say enough about the overall fit and finish from Mega as well as their consistency for anodizing. Well, I guess I mean their anodizing vendor. I ordered my upper and lower receivers from two different suppliers like 2 or 3 months apart during the Sandy Hook craziness. Not only do the receivers fit perfectly but the color looks like they came from the same anodizing batch when I'm sure they didn't.

The BCM rail - awesome, and I swear to god I thought the box it came in was empty...it's that light. I would almost bet that the box it came in is heavier than the rail. It's unreal.

ALG trigger - I really like the two stage trigger on my RRA, but this ALG is damn good for a single stage. Very smooth. The pull is a little on the heavy side for my liking, but it's very nice.

Now I just can't wait to get some more trigger time on this rifle.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top