Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 1:50:04 AM EDT
Sorry I'm a newbie to AR's, or building my own rifle for that matter. I went with a BCM barrel, and low pro gas block. There's an indentation on the bottom side of the barrel 180 from the gas block port. Is this where I'm supposed to tighten down the rear set screw on the gas block(also bcm). Their way of helping with alignment? Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:11:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, that sound align it and keep it from shifting.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You can slide on your gas block and use the front hole to drill another light dimple to help with alignment and give the other screw something to bite into.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Some people use red lock-tite on the set screws too. I did, I figured it can't hurt anything.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Does the indent look like the one in the picture below. I have an allen wrench in the gas port and the notch below is for pinning the gas block in place -- if you decide that's what you would like to do.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes if the hole in the gas block is in line with the set screw hole.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top