Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2015 9:18:56 PM EDT
I am starting my first build and find this site a real treasure of info. I am trying to do it right but then again not break the bank.  I own a Stag A6 varmint rifle and to be honest never really wanted another AR until the bug bit recently.

I have already got an Anderson lower and while looking around on the web for parts was quit honestly blown away by all the different company's that sell and "manufacture" all these complete uppers and parts. I am a bolt gun guy and if it is brand X,Y or Z will that is what it is and you know which ones are good and which are not. I know from my limited knowledge that most lowers are made by a few manufactures but uppers seem to be a different animal.

So back to my original question has anyone heard of or dealt with Hardened Arms? They say all mil spec just like the others and as far as looks from what I can tell they are nice. I want a flat top with a free floated barrel and will add optics later, really can't decide between pop up and glass because eye's aren't what they once were.

I have looked at all the usual suspects (psa ,bravo co.etc) also found SAA and they have some nice stuff with lower prices.

And while I got ya here is building the upper from scratch the way to go as opposed to buying a complete one.  Barrel install and gas tube is not what concerns me as much as head spacing. In a bolt gun it makes a big difference and to be honest I wouldn't know where to start with an AR.  Thanks for the help and I hope in time I can add to this site.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I purchased a 7.5" upper from them for my pistol build. No complaints on it at all. Shipping was a little stout but not a deal beaker.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply .  I posted the same question on another thread and was basically lambasted by a few. No biggy thou I am just doing my build for a plinker and I don't expect I will ever be "deployed in a tactical situation" with it. I am a bolt  gun guy and this is just a project .
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Who makes the barrels? Are the barrels treated with the barrel extensions on?
My experience,albeit limited,hence the 13'er status, says treat the barrel with the extensions off, and after the barrel has been broken in and the chamber has been proven to be in spec.
YourMileageMayVary( YMMV)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top