Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 12:03:52 AM EDT
Can someone point me in the right direction for a buffer system on a 7.5" SBR? My first build and I've seen so many mixed opinions on buffers and what does/doesn't work. Different weights, springs, etc. If anybody has experience with this and can give me a suggestion I'd greatly appreciate it!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no right answer for this. It's a trial and error process for those willing to experiment with it. A carbine length buffer spring will be fine so leave that alone. Begin with the regular carbine buffer and see how your BCG cycles. If you feel like it's cycling too hard, get a heavier buffer or an adjustable gas block. If you're comfortable with the way it cycles and it has no issues, then leave it alone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:33:30 AM EDT
[#2]
a good place to start is a H or H2 or Spikes Tactical ST-T2
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
a good place to start is a H or H2 or Spikes Tactical ST-T2
View Quote

Right answer.  I start with a H buffer and standard carbine spring.  You won't know until you get it to the range and see what it likes.  Try different ammo also.

I have a H buffer in 1 pistol and a ST12 in the other.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all for the input. I'll start with H and see how it goes!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top