Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2015 1:17:30 AM EDT
Are there any A2 Front Sites that come with holes pre drilled?  My son and I are building an A2 and can't seem to find a front site with the pin holes pre drilled on the part that holds the site to the barrell with taper pins.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#1]
no, they have to be drilled on the barrel with something like this
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I was afraid of that.  So I need to take the barrell to a gunsmith to get this done?  What happened to the modular platform idea?  Do any front sites come pre drilled?  What about sites taken off of other barrells?  Is this something that must be done in every instance?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:01:39 AM EDT
[#3]
ADCO can do it with a quick turn around.
I would not take it to a gunsmith who isn't familiar with ARs.

I did a couple myself, but you need some tools to do it correctly.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226782_Assemble_your_own_LOWER__UPPER__FREE_FLOAT__TRIGGER__GAS_BLOCK___Step_by_step_instructions_.html&page=25#i5724417
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#4]
You can also get a quality clamp-on FSB, rigid or folding.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the clamp on over the set screw design
Clamp on
Clamp on 2
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top