Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 12:42:38 AM EDT
hey guys I really would like some opinions on barrels. right now i currently have one AR15 that i built. Its nice i have an 18" Daniel Defense S2W barrel. Its heavy as hell and to be honest i cant get any real good groups with it. it is a 1/7 twist and the only thing it really likes are the Barnes TSX 70 Granes. It is also a Piston AR with an Adams Arms kit. I am now on my second build and i want a nice rifle that i can reach out and touch someone with but still be able to move around without killing myself with the weight. I was looking at the Wilson Combat Match Grade Barrel, .223 Wylde, Super Sniper, 20", 1-8 Twist, Stainless, Fluted http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Match-Grade-Barrel-223-Wylde-Super-Sniper-20-1-8-Twist-Stainless-Fluted/productinfo/TR%2D223SS20F%2D18/. but i was wanting some opinions about other barrels and see what you guys have to say about some other barrels that i might like. This build is going to be for coyote hunting plus long distance target shooting. I either want it in 1/8 or 1/9 so i can use lower gran rounds when i hand load. I get tired of spending so much on rounds when all i want are some cheap round i can just go plinking with and can buy in bulk. Thanks and i will appreciate any advice you guys can give. This is my second build will be a direct impingment.    

Im also considering another 18" barrel from Wilson Combat. Please let me know what you think about the difference between a 20" vs an 18"
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Grade-Barrel-223-Wylde-Urban-Super-Sniper-18-1-8-Twist-Stainless-Fluted/productinfo/TR%2D223USS18F%2D18/

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Wilson Combat makes good stuff, my guess is these barrels are very good. It looks pretty heavy though. I'd also look at the Rainier UltraMatch. I use Noveske barrels myself. Might look into some of the RRA varmint barrels as well. Personally I'd stick with 16".
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top