Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 12:37:52 AM EDT
I am thinking about either an .300 SBR build and get a stamp or getting a shorter barrel and permanently add a suppressor to reach 16" and avoid the SBR stamp.

Questions:
- can use a Tactical Solutions X-Ring™ SB-X™ Barrel in CA?
- Can I use a silencer in CA with the above barrel?
- can I get a 10" or 12" barrels and permanently attach a silencer to make it 16" to eliminate need for a stamp?
-  Is adding a permenent silencer even practical?
- does anyone in San Diego know how difficult it is to get a stamp for an SBR?

Need some details before starting this build. Thx!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#1]
In on One..
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Kalifornia...

I'm sorry
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:14:31 AM EDT
[#3]

so, if you get a rifle SBR'd in Cali, does it still have to be neutered?

honestly curious

eta, or does the stamp circumvent, as it is now a Federal firearm (so to speak)?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#4]
no sbr in kali

but you can do aow
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, you can't get any new SBRs, or suppressors in California.  You're basically shit out of luck concerning anything NFA related.  Also, San Diego isn't at all friendly towards firearm stuff, hence why we still don't have concealed carry after the Peruta ruling.

Edit:  Also, you can't do the AR pistol thing with a single shot exemption anymore.  They ended that on Jan 1st this year.  You may be able to buy an AR-15 pistol if you can find someone in the state who wants to sell one, but I'm not 100% you can even do that anymore.  I recommend visiting Calguns to get more accurate info on your questions.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:05:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, you can't get any new SBRs, or suppressors in California.  You're basically shit out of luck concerning anything NFA related.  Also, San Diego isn't at all friendly towards firearm stuff, hence why we still don't have concealed carry after the Peruta ruling.

Edit:  Also, you can't do the AR pistol thing with a single shot exemption anymore.  They ended that on Jan 1st this year.  You may be able to buy an AR-15 pistol if you can find someone in the state who wants to sell one, but I'm not 100% you can even do that anymore.  I recommend visiting Calguns to get more accurate info on your questions.
View Quote

Isn't concealed carry a county by county thing? I have seen maps showing which counties you can get approved in.
I KNOW there is class 3 items in California. What is the deal with items that were there like 40 years ago? Can they be transfered at all?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:10:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Isn't concealed carry a county by county thing? I have seen maps showing which counties you can get approved in.
I KNOW there is class 3 items in California. What is the deal with items that were there like 40 years ago? Can they be transfered at all?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class 3 dealers yes, but C3 weapons are sold to LE Depts only.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the quick replies.

It looks like I will be getting a 14.5 " barrel and adding a permanent Phantom flash suppressor to get a barrel length of 16". I. believe this is acceptable in CA and I do not need a stamp.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:59:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the quick replies.

It looks like I will be getting a 14.5 " barrel and adding a permanent Phantom flash suppressor to get a barrel length of 16". I. believe this is acceptable in CA and I do not need a stamp.
View Quote

Yes, that is your best option. I have a 14.5" 6.8 SPCII lightweight barrel with pinned BRT comp.... like it a lot.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#10]
As stated above, no SBRs or suppressors in CA for the "normal" public.....period.  Movie companies, LEs, and some FFL holders have exemptions however.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As stated above, no SBRs or suppressors in CA for the "normal" public.....period.  Movie companies, LEs, and some FFL holders have exemptions however.
View Quote

But weren't there private citizens that had/have class 3 stuff from back when it was allowed? I used to live there and knew at least 2 people who owned MGs and the lady accross the street had a silencer. Also one time we called the cops (like back in the '80s) because we heard machinegun fire down the road. They didn't even seem to care and said it was private property and nothing they could do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep. There are some. You can research the estimated numbers. -W
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yep. There are some. You can research the estimated numbers. -W
View Quote

I think I read before that california has the highest per-capita number of class three items. Back in the day a lot of rich people and movie star types had money and liked to play with class three. From what I understand.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#14]
After months, no years of tireless investment of time & money, at last I have completed my Kalifornia Legal Arsenal. I am armed to the gills!

P.S. This picture does not include my ASP of a case of rubber bands, but believe me I have a shitload of rubberbands. Horde the ammo!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After months, no years of tireless investment of time & money, at last I have completed my Kalifornia Legal Arsenal. I am armed to the gills!

https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5465104/il_570xN.79860928.jpg

P.S. This picture does not include my ASP of a case of rubber bands, but believe me I have a shitload of rubberbands. Horde the ammo!
View Quote

I honestly wunder if those are controlled in CA? I think there is verbage about "slung shot" (sling shot?) The rubber band gun doesn't have an orange tip and a rubber band could put an eye out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5465104/il_570xN.79860928.jpg

View Quote

To bad you live in Kalifornia other wise you could have one of these:

672 bands at 14 shots a second.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
To bad you live in Kalifornia other wise you could have one of these:
672 bands at 14 shots a second.
View Quote

Nobody NEEDS that kind of rubberpower!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I believe the rubber band needs to be stamped in CA.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top