BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]
PSA stores always seem to have a few in stock (which is of little consolation to those of you who do not live in SC).
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a wrench...I forget what brand it is but I just looked for it...it doesn't have a brand name or a symbol on it.  It is a solid piece of metal, I really do not see it breaking in the near future, and if I paid $80 for it...shame on me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got my GemState wrench in and it is definitely the way to go.It is made of very heavy duty bar stock with a parkerized finish.It has different attachments for about any job you might need to do.One cool feature is the base wrench is magnetized so you don't have to worry about the attachments coming loose/becoming lost. I got the idea they do these in runs and fortunately I only had to wait 2 weeks.It was $52 to my doorstep and would have been a good deal at $80.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one form Bushmaster and it works for me, though I have only used it three times.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I was hesitant to buy the Magpul wrench because of the price, but it is a damn nice wrench that does everything.  The castle nut side is better than anything else on the market.  I paid $60 something for mine.  Bought the bev block too, which is also an excellent piece that doubles as a mag block.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not just a few cases, closer to one a month posted here on ARFCOM alone since the reaction rod became popular.

There have been a few reports of this happening over on TOS as well.
View Quote

Normal use of the reaction rod does not damage pins and slots, in fact it protects them from damage.

As Bill Geissele replied to one of your posts on this topic a couple years ago:

"A variation of this tool has been used for years at various DOD armorer shops I have visited, with no problems.

When tightening a barrel nut or flash hider the barrel extension is being "tightened". No problem with this scenario.

When loosening a barrel nut or flash hider the barrel the barrel extension is being "unscrewed". However barrel extensions are tightened to 150 ft*lbs so unless it was not installed properly the barrel extension will not unscrew. Barrel nut torques may be in the 80 ft*lb range, flash hiders considerable less.

And if a barrel extension unscrews at a low torque it would be a good idea to know this sooner then later when it could cause issues when firing.

This tool is designed to eliminate the need for barrel clamps and receiver blocks. Use of a receiver block will put the torque right into the index pin, causing it to loosen or smash into the receiver groove."
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
magpul could crap in a box and sell it for $50...

some people buy their stuff just because it says magpul. (not that they dont make good stuff, I own plenty of it myself..)
View Quote

Magpul's own Mr. Hanky? Does it count if they have left Colorado and it's manufactured in Texas now?

Have the Gem State Wrench., Armalite and PRI Blocks
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top