Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/16/2014 5:10:33 PM EDT
I bought a Tactical Machining 80% milled it out with the help of my neighbor which went very smooth, except it was a rush job and didn't realize until I had left that the side walls were like .008" too shallow. We did not use a jig because it would have been a wasteful expense when it was easy enough to follow the machining instructions that I got from CNC Guns. So I had to file the sides down a bit to fit my innards, small price to pay vs. a jig. So heres the details, ALG Defense ACT trigger, standard lower innards kit, Sabre Defence 16" 1-9 CMV Mid length gas port, Ares Armor BCG, Magpul pistol grip and trigger guard, Magpul vertical fore grip, Magpul angled fore grip, Magpul 6 point CTR stock YHM flip up rear sight, Tasco 3x9*40, Bushnel Holo Sight.  This is an amazing weapon that I absolutely love to shoot, and love that I was a part of creating it. Thanks to all that helped me pick parts and get me information on here! Ya'll are some real good people.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have tried every copying the image url from the share box and inserting it into the image tag no go
tried linking the whole page to image tag no go.
and in the preview I can see the pics :(

6X Magnification

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
yep, needs to be uploaded to photobucket or a similar type site, then linked from there

ETA i need to look into 80% lowers more, love the idea. can't wait to see yours
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
[ img ] insert direct link here [ /img ]. Use jpeg not png. Remove spaces.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Suggestion is to pick either the VFG or the AFG but not run both at the same time. Same thing applies to the scope and halo sight combo, as in both should not be used at the same time... pick one or the other and rock it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:24:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh my!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:03:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Suggestion is to pick either the VFG or the AFG but not run both at the same time. Same thing applies to the scope and halo sight combo, as in both should not be used at the same time... pick one or the other and rock it.
View Quote

What's wrong with the new 3-9x RDS magnifier? HAHAHAH
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow

Move to GD please mods.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
A man has to gave options! This rifle has quite a few

As others have said, vertical grip or AFG, not both. 3-9X or Halo sight....not both. You know what? Nevermind that.....it's your rifle! Do what you want with it! I think eventually you'll end up seeing that you don't need all those choices on your rifle though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:03:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A man has to gave options! This rifle has quite a few

As others have said, vertical grip or AFG, not both. 3-9X or Halo sight....not both. You know what? Nevermind that.....it's your rifle! Do what you want with it! I think eventually you'll end up seeing that you don't need all those choices on your rifle though.
View Quote

I agree with this post. Just because you have all that rail space, doesn't mean you have to fill it up. HOWEVER....I also agree that it's YOUR gun! YOU built it and should rock it however YOU want it.

"If it's stupid, but it works.... it ain't stupid."
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:04:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Holy shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey thanks for all of your critique of my attachments, I took off my holo and angled fore grip but i did add a flashlight on the left side where i can still engage the power button without moving my hand off the vertical grip. This works amazing when i am hiking in low light or night time. I love this rifle and thanks to everyone who helped me pick out all the different items on this beaut!  Ya'll have so much information to give and it comes from every direction. I LOVE THIS SITE!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#15]
It's great to see another 80 come together        

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#16]
looks good. interesting optics setup
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Hey thanks for all of your critique of my attachments, I took off my holo and angled fore grip but i did add a flashlight on the left side where i can still engage the power button without moving my hand off the vertical grip. This works amazing when i am hiking in low light or night time. I love this rifle and thanks to everyone who helped me pick out all the different items on this beaut!  Ya'll have so much information to give and it comes from every direction. I LOVE THIS SITE!
View Quote

FYI, pics don't show as pics until 3 team members approve the image, or you have 50 posts.

Team members see the image, you see the link.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top