Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/5/2014 6:30:03 PM EDT
Thinking using 18#, looking for input for the manufacturer.  Found a Wilson Combat, looking for thoughts on that, or other input from REAL experience.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'n not you're guy! I'm a newbie having fun while learning! One build under my belt.

Wilson has a great rep, I don't think you can go wrong but there are others... check price and parts lists.. Don't pay for advertising.

Good Luck with the build. Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome,

I have never used Faxon yet but I hear good things. They have 2 18" barrels on their website. Might be worth a look. I agree be careful sometimes MOST EXPENSIVE is not the BEST. I like to use :Good Value" depends on if you are building Ultra Precision rife of just a plinker. I suspect you are in the middle.

I will look around and see if I can find you some other 18" barrels. Just curious but what is the reason for 18" and what is your main purpose for your build.

Once again Welcome.

You wont find a better bunch of guys then on AR15.com. Their knowledge is unsurpassed. Everything I have learned has been through here! Now after 7 builds I am starting to have more confidence and LOVE building AR15's

Faxon
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I hear these Odin Works barrels are scary accurate as long as you build for the precision

Odin Works at Primary Arms
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#4]
www.ar15performance.com

I use the 18" fluted SPR barrel, very happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#5]
i second the Odin Works recommendation. check this thread out.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/662424__223_5_56__budget_Precision_build.html
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think Wilson Combat is the same as Wilson Arms.  I think Wilson Arms has a good reputation for barrels, but I'm not sure whose barrels Wilson Combat sells.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I was recently told that Wilson Combat gets theirs from White Oak Armament
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top