Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 11:58:42 AM EDT
I'm starting to look for a lower..either put one together (which I've never done), a complete new one or one off the used market.  What I have is 2.5 ARs (1 complete Stag 18" and a Colt 6920 which I share the lower with a CMMG .22lr upper).  This new lower would be for the CMMG .22lr upper so I can put the Colt back into ready status.  I don't know much about lowers and I see prices range from around $50 to $300 for a stripped one.  Even though this is for my .22lr, I don't want a crappy one either that doesn't fit well or its finish starts wearing off.  But, I don't need a high end one either, just a good solid bang for the buck lower.  Anybody have any advice on where to look or proceed?  I've seen some lower cost stripped lowers on Primary Arms and there may be sales going on.  Once I get the lower, any advice on lower parts…good kits with pins, triggers, etc?  I already have a spare stock.  Imagine I need…

- stripped lower receiver
- parts kit with pins & trigger
- grip
- buffer tube
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Palmetto sells a blemished lower receiver for around $70. They're good quality, and the people that have gotten them have said you can barely notice any marks on them. It's what I'll be using for the build I'm starting
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Take your pick. Not one really better than the other. You need to look at the Anderson lowers. You can get a lot of lowers for around 50 bucks right now. The market is flooded! LOL
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered a 49.00 bushmaster lower, like they said above there is tons of options for under $100.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Palmetto sells a blemished lower receiver for around $70. They're good quality, and the people that have gotten them have said you can barely notice any marks on them. It's what I'll be using for the build I'm starting
View Quote

No reason whatsoever to pay $70 for a blemished stripped lower.  Look for an Anderson on the cheap or go to somewhere like DOA Sales (Industry Partner) and pick up an Aero Precision for $50.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Get an assembled lower (complete) from PSA for $189 and call it a day.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]
blem lowers are 60 right now at psa, and I have never noticed a blemish on a single one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

this weekend just buy a complete
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Everyone's different but I have n ever cared what brand is on the side. I've had Colt, Bushmaster, Anderson, SGW, Essential Arms, and home rolled. My home rolled lower is one of my favorites. Its not really cost effective to mill out an 80 anymore, but it does save a transfer fee if you have to have a 100 percent lower ordered. Good luck and you'll definite find something, just a matter of what you want.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you can also get a complete for 149 right now on psa
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The last gun show I went to had TONS of lowers, all were $75, some even had custom engraving, like an american flag or something. I personally would just buy at a gun show rather than mess around with shipping and transfer fees.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#11]
PSA blemished lower now $50 with free shipping
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Since it's a 22LR I'd get this one. I know you can get cheaper lowers, I know roll mark doesn't matter... Call it OCD or whatever, but I like the caliber stamp on the lower to match the barrel (at least when I have money in the budget for it).
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way to go, I saw that deal today and wanted to get one (between just buying a house and having kids to buy Christmas gifts for I have to sit black friday out.....and it is killing me. I got a PSA 14.7 upper a few weeks ago and bought a stripped punisher lower a few weeks before that and would love to finish the project.....but I will have to wait)
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:04:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For $149 you can't really go wrong But any mil-spec forged lower will be fine.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:29:20 AM EDT
[#15]
do Anderson or bushmaster or spikes or any of the "bigger" brands sell 80% lowers?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Complete PSA lower $129

I got one of these a few weeks ago...its exactly as advertized..
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks everyone.  I went ahead and ordered the PSA Black Friday complete lower with Magpul STR stock.  A little more then some of the others, but I wanted the nice stock, not so much for this .22lr upper, but to swap with another rifle.  Now we'll see how soon they can get it to me with the Holiday rush.  For the entire package ready to go, hard to beat the deal I think.  It will be great having the rifles ready to run without swapping lowers and removing mag conversion parts.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#18]
This
Quoted:
Complete PSA lower $129

I got one of these a few weeks ago...its exactly as advertized..
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top