Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 10:48:54 AM EDT
https://dsgarms.com/dsgu-556-16-mcsr15-agb-a2

From what I've read on the black Friday thread, these are gtg..is this true? How is the 1:8 twist? And is it chf? Didn't see what length it was either
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#1]
How do they compare to the bcm bfg or the 499 spikes urg that aim has, or even the psa CHF urg on aim surplus?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Should be good. Seekins makes quality parts and DSG is a great vendor. You can't even build an upper with those specs for that price. Theres not a better value out right now IMO.

They come with a Seekins freefloat handguard and adjustable gas block. Both the Spike's and PSA uppers are standard hand guards and front sight base. The Spike's and PSA use FN made barrels which is great. DSG stated that they can't disclose the maker of the barrel on these uppers due to essentially a non disclosure agreement. I have no doubt they are good to go.

BCGs have just about the same specs, c158 bolts and 8620 carriers and hpt tested. Not sure about mpi on the DSG.

It's a 16" barrel and 15" handguard. 1:8 twist is great. You usually find them on precision barrels as they allow for a very wide array of ammo. They are not CHF barrels. They are melonite treated though increasing corrosion resistance and some argue that its better than chrome lining.

The handguard is about $200 usually, gas block is $60, bcg+CH around $100-110. That's like getting a barrel and upper for $30
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:40:52 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks a lot, I believe im sold
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:23:21 AM EDT
[#4]
now another question for you....do I go with the 5.56 or the 300 blk? keep in mind this is just a home defense, shtf, fuck around shooting gun
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
now another question for you....do I go with the 5.56 or the 300 blk? keep in mind this is just a home defense, shtf, fuck around shooting gun
View Quote

I'm interested in 300 myself, but I wouldn't use it for that role without a lot of experience with it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Do I need anything special to Clea. The melonite barrel? I need a cleaning kit anyways what would you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I would get a bore snake
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had one in the past, it took a while for it to be shipped and they say that in the ad, and mine shot great and was happy with the fit and finish.
I ended up selling it for almost double what I paid for it.
I'm looking at buying another one since the price is right.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

5.56x45 will cost you a lot less to shoot than .300 BLK.

I'm not saying not to get a .300 BLK eventually...  but buy the 5.56x45 first.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top