Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2014 9:49:03 PM EDT
Anyone else have problems getting product from Umbrella Corp?

I got a message on FB from them 4 weeks ago that they had uppers and lowers in stock... so I went straight to their site and placed an order for 2 uppers and 2 lowers..

4 weeks later... not a single word from them.

I've called but... their answering machine picks up with a generic system message that says you've reached xxxx

I've emailed but never got a reply...

I've left messages on FB but no reply.

Wondering if anyone else has had problems with them? I think Im going to just dispute the charge with my CC.... at this point I don't even want their product.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It's pretty common from them apparently. I've seen posts like this about them before.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered some simple aeroshell never got any confirmation email as their sights suggests and haven't got shipping info however it says it's been shipped.

Contacted then via email and no reply also posted on their fb with nothing.

I've heard they have great product bit their customer service in my experience is just lacking
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Umbrella corp has neat stuff, but their CS absolutely SUCKS.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I waited months for lowers to come back in stock.  I got my notification and ordered.  I had the lower about a week later...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:50:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Grip 23 is the only thing worth getting from this company. After time spent trying to get anything from UCWRG...I've realized it's not really worth it. Their shit is outsourced just like most of the other companies...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like another of the typical internet "order bundlers." They accumulate orders until they get the required minimum, then order from the original maker and finally ship when that backorder comes in. Takes months.

The solution is to only order from companies who show parts in stock on the order screen. If they won't show it in stock with the actual quantity, then throw a big red flag on them actually shipping within the week.

Doesn't sound any different than Botach. This is where a low price is trolling the market because they simply don't have the capital investment in merchandise on the shelf. They are using YOUR money and 99 others to finance their purchase orders.

And yet, some have no problem with waiting weeks and months, so these operators stay in business. Your call.

Just don't expect one guy living in his mom's basement to answer all those emails when he's off to his day job.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I read somewhere that their lowers and possibly their uppers come from MEGA. So if you dont care about the rollmark, or general design if its billet, just go with them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#8]
all good info. and a lesson learned for me being new to the hobby / sport.

They did show it as in stock when I ordered but clearly that was a lie. If they had been up front on the ship times I would have never placed an order.

I'm not really to stressed about it (the credit card company will deal with them) other than wanting to know if I was being unreasonable and letting others know what shit customer service they have.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't pay for anything up front.  The site said In Stock and I hit order.  They shipped the day they got my dealers FFL.  OP, do they have your FFL info?  This was in the spring of this year.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#10]
ya they have my FFL info. Its was part of the ordering process to include the dealer info. I even mailed them a copy of the actual dealer FFL.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#11]
That really sucks...  The lowers are really nice.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Im in the same boat waiting on my lower. It's not like $130 is the end of the world but its very annoying.......
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top