Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2014 3:29:08 PM EDT
Can someone tell me where to purchase a YHM free float hand guard jam nut tool or suggest a tool or method  that will remove this jam nut?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.amazon.com/FSI-Model-Armorers-Spanner-Handguard/dp/B004Z3H53S

a few of the reviews:

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Worked well for Yankee Hill Machine jam nut.
By RA. Morgan on March 4, 2014
Verified Purchase
Bought this tool solely to tighten the jam nut on a YHM freefloat handguard. It performed this task well and at a great price. And I didn't have to spend $29 on the YHM-brand tool!
Comment  Was this review helpful to you?  
Yes
No

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
if you have a YHM rail buy this
By codie queen on January 6, 2014
Verified Purchase
this is the only wrench i have used that actually works with the YHM free float rails. it is amazing
Yes
No
Five Stars
By CBR on July 11, 2014
Does the job. Well made tool.
Yes
No

not like others that are just stamped out of sheet metal ...
By Jim on July 11, 2014
Verified Purchase
Very solid heavy duty wrench, not like others that are just stamped out of sheet metal and strip the corners off you castle nuts and Jam Nuts
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one built into my Gem state armorers wrench.  I have never needed any other kind of wrench to work on uppers.  From barrel nuts, to jam nuts, to flash hiders.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can someone tell me where to purchase a YHM free float hand guard jam nut tool or suggest a tool or method  that will remove this jam nut?
View Quote

I bought one when I installed a YHM Todd Jarrett 15' free float rail. I didn't have any problems and it was just a basic jam nut tool. It wasn't name brand. If you're in a pinch and don't plan on needing one long term, you're free to borrow mine long enough to complete your job and then send it back. Just message me and we can make arrangements. I've seen videos of people using a strip of leather and vice grips to remove smooth free float forearms but I don't know if that'd work on a jam nut. Hope that helps.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top