Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2014 9:01:33 AM EDT
Maybe a lot of you guys have seen this already, but I stumbled across it last night and thought anyone building a pistol AR might be interested.
(No, i'm not an Odin Works shill, just happened to see it and thought I would share)
I ordered one and will let you all (y'all for our southern brethern)  know how it looks when it arrives.
Basically it allows the Sig Brace to ride a little further back giving a longer length of pull.

Odin Works Pistol Buffer Tube
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice find.

Does the Sig brace require a pistol buffer tube, or will it fit on a standard extension tube like
for a 4-pos, or 6-pos?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#2]
if you use a standard adjustable buffer tube, it is no longer a pistol and you now have an SBR, whether or not the stock is on it.   Big trouble in River City if not in possesion of the magic Big Brother stamp   Yes, the Sig Brace needs the Pistol buffer tube.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you use a standard adjustable buffer tube, it is no longer a pistol and you now have an SBR, whether or not the stock is on it.   Big trouble in River City if not in possesion of the magic Big Brother stamp   Yes, the Sig Brace needs the Pistol buffer tube.
View Quote

That is completely incorrect. You can use any standard tube on a pistol as long as no stock is on it or readily accessible.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there a documented ATF determination letter out there stating such?

It was my understanding that a buffer tube that had the locking lugs for an adjustable stock was in and of itself a rifle stock.   Much like an auto sear is a "machine gun" according to ATF.    
If I am wrong, I stand corrected, however, I would like to see it in writing from ATF if anyone has it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I just want that hexagonal lock nut.
It should work with any pistol buffer tube.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It was my understanding that a buffer tube that had the locking lugs for an adjustable stock was in and of itself a rifle stock.   Much like an auto sear is a "machine gun" according to ATF.    

If I am wrong, I stand corrected, however, I would like to see it in writing from ATF if anyone has it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, here you go:

And to expand on that, simply possessing an un-used stock is not necessarily illegal either, so long as you have some other rifle which could conceivably accept the stock as well.

Quoted:

Nice find.

Does the Sig brace require a pistol buffer tube, or will it fit on a standard extension tube like

for a 4-pos, or 6-pos?

The Sig Brace will NOT fit on a carbine extension with the locking positions, it is too wide.  You need a cylindrical pistol type extension.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, here you go:

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff455/DonFerrando/BB.jpg

And to expand on that, simply possessing an un-used stock is not necessarily illegal either, so long as you have some other rifle which could conceivably accept the stock as well.

The Sig Brace will NOT fit on a carbine extension with the locking positions, it is too wide.  You need a cylindrical pistol type extension.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, here you go:

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff455/DonFerrando/BB.jpg

Quoted:
Nice find.

for a 4-pos, or 6-pos?

Thanks for actually answering my question, you da man!

Not sure why some poeple like to be internet policemen or internet lawyers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I stand corrected.

thank you.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top