Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 9:13:38 AM EDT
Hi all,

New guy here reading/learning all I can but I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I am looking at a PSA rifle kit and some say pinned while others don't. What does that mean and is it needed? Thanks for the help.

Edit: Never mind, I found it, the pinning evidently makes the flash suppressor unremoveable so it stays legal.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The pinned kit comes with a 14.7" barrel with the flash hider pinned and welded to bring the barrel to 16" (legal length)
The unpinned kit has a legal 16" barrel.

Get the pinned kit if you want a shorter barrel and don't want to change muzzle accessories.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The pinned kit comes with a 14.7" barrel with the flash hider pinned and welded to bring the barrel to 16" (legal length)
The unpinned kit has a legal 16" barrel.

Get the pinned kit if you want a shorter barrel and don't want to change muzzle accessories.
View Quote

This., they also sell a just an upper that is 14.7" that is unpinned so you would have to find somewhere to pin it for your, which in some cases could be easy or hard, I live in a city of almost 250K and there is not one person that can pin weld an AR, but yet my hometown population 350 has 2 places that can, go figure
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top