Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2014 2:08:40 AM EDT
I asked this once, and I've researched it. BUT, will the Vltor A5 system be a good choice for my SPR build? 18" mega SPR barrel, rifle gas. Is the buffer that comes in the kit the right weight for this system? Will have a .750 lo-pro block as welll.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:29:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank ya sir. Last time I asked there was a lot of ambiguity in the final product, now it's decided.
Now I'm just a few components away and getting excited.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I asked this once, and I've researched it. BUT, will the Vltor A5 system be a good choice for my SPR build? 18" mega SPR barrel, rifle gas. Is the buffer that comes in the kit the right weight for this system? Will have a .750 lo-pro block as welll.
View Quote
 I switched my 6.8 rifle (16" middy gas) from a rifle-length buffer tube to the Vltor A5 system.  At first it was overgassed, with ejection to about 1:00 oclock.  I had to go to a heavier buffer (6 plus oz) and a Wolfe extra-power rifle spring to bring the bolt speed down and ejection back to about 4:00 oclock.  Extra buffers are sometimes available from Vltor, always available from heavybuffers.com.  Personally, I can't perceive any real advantage to the rather expensive and hard to find A5 components, but then I don't have a GI carbine set up to compare it to. - CW
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a A5 buffer in a MK 12 the one that comes with the Kit works just fine and is about the same weight as the A2 Standard buffer. The only thing I changed was the buffer spring I went with a rifle Spinco Green spring.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top