Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2014 12:37:51 PM EDT
I'm need some parts to finish up two builds. A 10.5" 300 BLK pistol for me and a 16" 5.56 rifle for my wife. Im excited to get these finished and use them but dont want to find out I could have saved if I waited. I dont remember what sales were like last year. Im needing the parts below.

2 - YHM BCG $116 each
1 - Rainier arms select 16" barrel $260
1 - YHM 5160 rail $195
1 - mid length gas tube $13

Will I be able to get good deals on these or should I just go ahead and order now?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I say if you are set on specific items then it is gonna be a longshot.  If you are more flexible in the makers of the parts you have a better shot at getting a deal.

I usually look at the big holiday sales as a way of starting a new build rather than finish one as you are more likely to score deals with a open mind.

If you just buy the parts now you can spend black Friday shooting them instead of being on the computer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, in the grand scheme of things what's $20 bucks? Buy what you think you want and go shoot those things!
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, in the grand scheme of things what's $20 bucks? Buy what you think you want and go shoot those things!
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Second thought is order now and get it while its still in stock, after Black Friday who knows about backlogs?  

Than when ads come out order something else
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy what you need now.  Buy what you may or may not need, but want, during the Black Friday sales...  

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#6]
If you aren't set on the YHM BCGs you'll definitely get a better deal on other BCGs for black friday, hell you could probably find a better deal on them now at some places
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Not really set on anything. These are my first two builds and I want quality parts. YHM BCG matches my price point and they are a quality company I've heard of. I have got most of my parts from PA. Not always the cheapest but I will pay an extra $10 when I order and its to my door 3 days later.

Anyone have the radical firearms 16" match barrel? Would it be similar to rainiers select? Its $60 cheaper and will ship faster.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
IMHO you could do much better in the handguard/rail dept....
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really set on anything. These are my first two builds and I want quality parts. YHM BCG matches my price point and they are a quality company I've heard of. I have got most of my parts from PA. Not always the cheapest but I will pay an extra $10 when I order and its to my door 3 days later.

Anyone have the radical firearms 16" match barrel? Would it be similar to rainiers select? Its $60 cheaper and will ship faster.
View Quote

DSG just posted a clearance sale, Daniel Defense 16"  https://dsgarms.com/dd-9082?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Daniel%20Defense%2016&utm_campaign=Clearance%20Sale%2010/14

Edit to add: says must log in for price $209
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

What would you suggest? I would like a light, smaller profile 12" but dont really want to spend $250+ like I've seen some places. Im open to ideas, a lot of you guys know way more than me.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#11]
similar question - anyone recall WMD NIB BCG going on sale - Primary Arms has them for $149 right now...wondering if I can do better on Black Friday
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
similar question - anyone recall WMD NIB BCG going on sale - Primary Arms has them for $149 right now...wondering if I can do better on Black Friday
View Quote

Prices are pretty low at the moment, not sure if you're going to see much difference on Black Friday this year.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#13]
NIB BCG: $79

Only a few hundred left.

Ares Armor
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#14]
have you checked out the Midwest Industries G2 rails? great for the price. it's nice and small, if that's what you like. I prefer the G1 stuff due to my ham hands/sausage link fingers LOL. my wife really digs the G2's though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the midwest industries rails you suggested. Will have to run in by the wife and see what she likes better. She is concerned with it being to big and heavy so thats why I was looking at the lighter, slimmer designs. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
NIB BCG: $79

Only a few hundred left.

Ares Armor
View Quote

Apparently they raised the price to $99. I still got one last night for $79. So it just happened.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#17]
how can we tell you if your finances can handle the current pricing or if you need to wait until a historically great sale price?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
how can we tell you if your finances can handle the current pricing or if you need to wait until a historically great sale price?
View Quote

Its not whether I can afford it, I could place the order to finish them both up right now. I would rather not go ahead and order it and then see I could have saved $50 - $100 or whatever if I would have waited. I know it wont be a huge difference but still thats some more money to go towards ammo, optics, beer, or whatever.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Would you shoot a lot between now and black friday? If not, then I guess you save up and wait.

Otherwise, $50 here or $100 there is nothing compared to the cost of having fun shooting. Besides, if I remember correctly the deals last year really didn't help me any.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Would you shoot a lot between now and black friday? If not, then I guess you save up and wait.

Otherwise, $50 here or $100 there is nothing compared to the cost of having fun shooting. Besides, if I remember correctly the deals last year really didn't help me any.
View Quote

that was the point I was trying to make.

if that is a lot of money to you, then wait, but in the big scheme of things.. I spend at least $100 every time I step up to the firing line. (that's only 8 - 30 round mags of 5.56)
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I like the midwest industries rails you suggested. Will have to run in by the wife and see what she likes better. She is concerned with it being to big and heavy so thats why I was looking at the lighter, slimmer designs. Thanks for the help.
View Quote

12" G2 T series is 14.4 Oz. with barrel nut. I paired it with a spikes 14.5 LW barrel (22 Oz.), and my wife loves it---light as hell.

if my math is correct, that's about 1.5 pounds for the barrel and handguard.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What would you suggest? I would like a light, smaller profile 12" but dont really want to spend $250+ like I've seen some places. Im open to ideas, a lot of you guys know way more than me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just ordered a bunch of parts for a lower price build and went with the ALG Defense EMR which was only $105 from joebob's. Haven't received it yet but seems like it would be a good bang for your buck.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#23]
FWIW, I put the ALG 13'' rail on my girlfriends gun.  For $140, they are pretty damn nice rails.  Check out AIM Surplus for the BCG, the 16" Radical Arms barrel is fine for now.  I think that's what I got for my BIL on his birthday.  Buy some parts now, wait for Black Friday, order more then, use spare parts you don't want to use on your build for trade fodder or let them multiply into another gun.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#24]
[size=5]Is anybpdy aware of a black friday sale to get Inforce WML (200 or 500 lumen) with thorntail offset keymod mount combo? or a sale on either seperatly?

if anyone finds out please post!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#25]
If the world ends, we may never make it to BF. Buy NOW!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#26]
No ! Don't wait till Black Friday !
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#27]
not remotely tech.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top