Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
how about a trade in program for those of us who have the original jigs? mine was good for the first few lowers, but now the top plates are all worn from the shank of the router hitting the soft aluminum template.

the new one is how the jig SHOULD have been made in the first place..
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:37:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ORjeepguy] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By badfishy:
how about a trade in program for those of us who have the original jigs? mine was good for the first few lowers, but now the top plates are all worn from the shank of the router hitting the soft aluminum template.

View Quote

Lol, You should ask Ford if you can trade your 1984 pickup for a brand new one because they make them "how they should have been made" now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By icrpdmeself:

Lol, You should ask Ford if you can trade your 1984 pickup for a brand new one because they make them "how they should have been made" now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By icrpdmeself:
Originally Posted By badfishy:

Great analogy.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:12:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ModulusArms] [#6]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:21:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#7]

Originally Posted By ModulusArms:

Has anyone gotten the Heavy-Duty AR-15 Jig, yet? We are looking for people to do a review similar to this thread. We have a special we can offer.
View Quote

I'll probably be able to do one of the just the jig tomorrow.  Won't be able to do the milling as the only 80% I have that isn't done is a gift for a friend of mine.

ETA: I was also the first one to post a review on your webpage for the HD jig
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ModulusArms:
Has anyone gotten the Heavy-Duty AR-15 Jig, yet? We are looking for people to do a review similar to this thread. We have a special we can offer.
View Quote

I'm still chugging along with the old style. It is getting a bit wore out though. Might have to upgrade soon.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 4:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ModulusArms] [#10]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ModulusArms:  The standard AR-15 Universal Jig is back in stock!
View Quote

Trigger holes are not in spec if it's doubling.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't see a sale on the jigs.  I'm looking at the HD jig and it's the same price as it's always been.  Unless, you mean the sale is on the 80% lower if combine with a jig purchase?

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By v6pwr:
I don't see a sale on the jigs.  I'm looking at the HD jig and it's the same price as it's always been.  Unless, you mean the sale is on the 80% lower if combine with a jig purchase?

View Quote

I'm pretty sure that is what it is...  buy the HD jig and get an 80% forged lower for $39.99 instead of $74.99.  If it makes you feel better to think you got a $35 discount on the jig instead of the lower I don't think they'll mind.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:

I'm pretty sure that is what it is...  buy the HD jig and get an 80% forged lower for $39.99 instead of $74.99.  If it makes you feel better to think you got a $35 discount on the jig instead of the lower I don't think they'll mind.

View All Quotes

...unless, the jig is all I am interested in at this moment... They need to reword it or something if it really is a combo sale and not really a sale on the jigs.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

The regular price of the HD jig is $199. We have been running it at a promo price of $179. We are continuing that discounted price through the Memorial day sale and added the option of including a forged, Mil-Spec lower for just $39.99.

http://www.modulusarms.com/memorial-day-sale-heavy-duty-universal-ar-15-80-lower-receiver-jig/
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#20]

...unless, the jig is all I am interested in at this moment... They need to reword it or something if it really is a combo sale and not really a sale on the jigs.

View All Quotes

You must be fun at parties
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Is the Speed drill kit necessary with the HD AR15 Jig, since it has steel plates?

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#22]
The speed drill is not mandatory with any of our jigs, but it sure makes life easier. Especially if you are using a hand drill or small drill press. Anytime you needed to drill several 3/8" holes in a fairly rugged material such as 6061-T6 or 7075-T6 , You would drill a pilot hole first, right? Well, the speed drill kit allows you to do just that.

It makes the drilling faster and easier, saving wear and tear on the drill, jig and You
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Condition_1:
Is the Speed drill kit necessary with the HD AR15 Jig, since it has steel plates?

View Quote

"necessary"...  no, you can do without it...  "NICE"?  YES.  The Speed Drill kit basically 1/2s the time it takes to drill the holes with a hand drill.  The small bit obviously goes in quicker and then with the pilot hole drilled the 3/8" bit goes in like it was butter.  It is less of an issue if you have a drill press of course.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Do you offer an adapter plate to use the HD jig on an AR10 sized 80% lower?(IE cheaper than having to buy a completely new kit, like just a top plate)

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Do you offer an adapter plate to use the HD jig on an AR10 sized 80% lower?(IE cheaper than having to buy a completely new kit, like just a top plate
View Quote

That is not really an option due to the unique mounting system of the HD jig. You would need to replace almost every part. Including the front mount, top plate and both side plates. About the only part that may fit both is the rear mount.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#28]
bump just cause.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#29]
BTT  for the noobs
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#30]
looking at an older non HD used one this was very helpful
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:45:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#31]
Getting ready to change into someone more comfortable. Name changes coming.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By j3_:
I bought one of the original jigs. Put it together and decided nope. Still in a trash bag in a drawer somewhere around the house.
View Quote

I bought one of the original jigs and did a few lowers with it.  It worked.  But I got one of the HD jigs after that and it is a much better design.  Much quicker with less taking apart and putting back together between steps than the original.  I've done a whole bunch of lowers with the HD jig and still have a few more to do.  FWIW, I passed the original jig on to a friend and he did several more with it.  If it was all I had, I know I could do a bunch more lowers on that original jig.  But I'd much rather use the HD jig.  I haven't tried one of the new Modulus or 5D jigs.  Everyone seems to love them.  But I can't justify upgrading again since the HD jig does a great job.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#33]
Getting ready to change into someone more comfortable. Name changes coming.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By j3_:

Just did not seem like I could make a good lower with though I never tried. Some of the internet pics of completed lowers did not impress me much so I sprung for a Broken Arms jig and used it.
View Quote

Actually, I have a Broken Arms jig also.  It is pretty much the best or at least one of the best of the drill press style jigs.  However, the trim router system is really the way to go over a drill press.  At the time it came out, the original Modulus jig was the best trim router based jig.  With proper care it will make a lower as good as anything.  There are people who can futz up just about anything.  I've seen some truly horrendous looking results (which often still actually function fine) done with drill press jigs too.  The Modulus HD jig pretty much just streamlined the process compared to the original, plus was more sturdy.  The newer style jigs (Modulus Extreme & 5D) mostly just look like they make things a little more foolproof.  But any of the trim router jigs if a person is careful and follows the directions carefully will turn out a lower that other than not being anodized inside will be nearly indistinguishable from a factory made lower.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top