Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 10:47:13 PM EDT
I have a couple of barrels that I would like to have nitrided, but I don't really know if any sources that will do this for me.  Recommendations?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
WMD guns might do it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
This is where most manufacturers send theirs. I do believe.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WMD guns might do it.
View Quote

They list it as a service but I haven't used them for it but I have had them NIBX three sets of receivers for me and they turned out perfect.  I will definitely do business with them again and give them my recommendation.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They list it as a service but I haven't used them for it but I have had them NIBX three sets of receivers for me and they turned out perfect.  I will definitely do business with them again and give them my recommendation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WMD guns might do it.

Ballpark cost for the treatment?

I notice they have some 1911s on their website.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WMD guns might do it.

NIBX per upper=$75
              Lower=$75
Nitromet per rifle barrel=$75
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]
The problem with nitriding assembled barrels is that the barrel extension can, and often does, work loose after the process.
I've seen it happen on two separate guns that I've worked on where the barrels were nitrided after assembly.

The proper method is to nitride before assembly, and contrary to popular belief, you can drill a gas port in a nitrided barrel.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top