Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2014 5:10:57 PM EDT
Midway sent me a email that they have an "AR Stoner" complete kit for sale for $500.  They also have a Delton kit for the same money.

Any comments or experience with either of these kits/manufacturers.

I've dealt with Midway many time so I know what to expect from them.

Would about anyones lower fit these kits?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Midway sent me a email that they have an "AR Stoner" complete kit for sale for $500.  They also have a Delton kit for the same money.

Thanks.
View Quote

AR Stoner is Midways house brand. I'm sure its a fine product for an entry level price.

Del-ton is also a fine company, with products in the entry level category and more.

I would go with Delton directly. That way you can select a Rifle kit from them and add a few features on their site. They are great people to deal with and offer customizable kits, starting at $490

Delton also has a rewards system and with the purchase of a kit, you will probably earn about $20 in store credit.

ETA all lowers will work.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AR Stoner is Midways house brand. I'm sure its a fine product for an entry level price.

Del-ton is also a fine company, with products in the entry level category and more.

I would go with Delton directly. That way you can select a Rifle kit from them and add a few features on their site. They are great people to deal with and offer customizable kits, starting at $490

http://www.del-ton.com/ar_15_kits_s/1.htm

Delton also has a rewards system and with the purchase of a kit, you will probably earn about $20 in store credit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

So neither kit is a particularly good deal?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Never got a LPK from Stoner, but I did get their scope mount.
Very nice for the $$
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Given the two, I would go with Del-Ton.  I have 2 Del-Ton lowers and they are GTG
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes Del ton puts their rifle kits on their "Deal of the Day".  A couple weeks ago they had it listed for $410.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

At $499.. nope. Delton will probably have a pretty killer Black Friday sale. Last year the discount was only 7% but we were in the middle of a buying frenzy. Several years ago I got a Black Friday Rifle kit for $60 off the then price of $450

The customer service is awesome and the products are real nice for the money. They are an industry partner too. http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/100_Del_Ton.html

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I appreciate the information.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never built a rifle kit from Del-ton. That being said I have used their barrels in all 6 of my builds. Every one is way more accurate than I thought they'd be their customer service is fantastic shipping is good I don't see how you could be dealt Del-Ton . Midwest seems to be too expensive for me anyway that's just my 2 cents
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top