BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
ordered my barrel, gas tube and barrel nut today.
pictures incoming when they get here
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
IMHO the Daniel Defense LPK is a waste of money, a mil-spec LPK is a mil-spec LPK. And the charging handle, is a personal preference thing, but I prefer just a plain G.I. style. Otherwise build looks ok, esp. if you are not going for some super duper awesome mega platinum carbine.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
got my gas block in the mail today. in the comments section of the order i asked for some primary arms stickers if they had any to give away and THEY DELIVERED!  barrel and gas tube should be here by saturday and hopefully i'll have it put together sunday.

i still need to buy a bcg, sights, and a charging handle.
it'll be next paycheck, but right now i'm leaning towards the wmd NiB bcg and hammer... raptor charging handle and undecided on sights.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/x7F1T37.jpg?1

my troy rail came today! it almost looks like a gun now
View Quote

I also would recommend a BCM mod 1 pistol grip this is what i use.  Or Fagpul.....i mean magpul just kidding.... MIAD.  Also TangoDown has "squared" away pistol grips.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the YHM spring loaded sights couldent be more happy with them and there less expensive than the other big names.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
my barrel and barrel nut came today... but i'm at work. pics when i get home
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
i'm getting closer

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Forged lowers are pretty much all the same but PSA has the worst shipping of any company I've dealt with
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Forged lowers are pretty much all the same but PSA has the worst shipping of any company I've dealt with
View Quote

Please define "worst."  Has what you ordered come in smashed boxes?  Has it been the totally wrong product?  OR...has it just taken too long with an occasional "oops" ?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#10]
my experience with PSA is only that it took a while to get a LPK build kit a month after sandy hook.
but then again, they were pretty much the only company in the country that had them at the time..
so i immediately forgave them and thanked them for doing everything they could to handle their order load which was 10X their normal order level....

ETA, actually, I guess thats not true,,, i also have one of their forged uppers on one of my billet lowers..
runs like a sewing machine..
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#11]
As they say I think things are a changing.

I placed an order with PSA for a Lower and received it in 7 days and then I placed an order from PSA for a 5.56 Full Auto Nickel Boron BCG - With Logo and received that in 5 days. :) Heck I figured I would call back the very next day to add a cap to my order and was informed that it had already been boxed up and picked up for shipment and received the tracking number lol.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
i picked my lower receiver up at a gun show. i never had to deal with them directly
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Is that legal?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that legal?
View Quote

It all depends on where you live. As to how things need to be done.

There are dealers that Sell Lowers and will do a Back Ground check right there.

And again depending on if one lives in a communist state or not a person can purchase a lower from another person if they live in the same state without a back ground check.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is that legal?
View Quote

is what legal?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#16]
got the barrel on and barrel nut torqued to 45 foot pounds with everything lined up. waiting on my gas tube to come in the mail tomorrow. now all i need is my muzzle brake, bcg, charging handle and sights.
i put the rail on just to see what it looks like.  i'm so close i can smell it
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Looking GRAND.

But I have one question of which might be a dumb one lol. What is going to keep the Pin in the Dust Cover Assembly? As it looks as though it can slide out as there appears to be no stop.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looking GRAND.

But I have one question of which might be a dumb one lol. What is going to keep the Pin in the Dust Cover Assembly? As it looks as though it can slide out as there appears to be no stop.
View Quote

the pin only comes out one way (sliding it towards the end of the barrel).  the hand guard keeps it from going forward and coming out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

the pin only comes out one way (sliding it towards the end of the barrel).  the hand guard keeps it from going forward and coming out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking GRAND.

Thank You. In the Picture the Hand Guard did not look like it was close enough to impede movement by the Dust Cover Retaining Pin.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thank You. In the Picture the Hand Guard did not look like it was close enough to impede movement by the Dust Cover Retaining Pin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking GRAND.

yeah dood. I already knocked it out once before I put it together and was wondering the same thing. it works tho
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

yeah dood. I already knocked it out once before I put it together and was wondering the same thing. it works tho
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking GRAND.

lol Ok. The sad part is that since I am brand new to this stuff I did not know if there was a Dust Cover Retaining Pin designed that did not depend on the Hand Guard to retain it.

But I did have a couple of solutions. :)
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Good list. Would've gone kmr or NSR over the Troy but there's not much difference there.

For the undecided stuff:
Get the 18" s2w because I want some feedback on it
No experience with the dragon. Consider a mount if you plan on a suppressor down the road.
Mbus pros are my favorite buis at the moment.
I'm not hot on nibx carriers (I have one) but they work fine so go for it.
Raptors are good. Bcms are good too for half the cost.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good list. Would've gone kmr or NSR over the Troy but there's not much difference there.

For the undecided stuff:
No experience with the dragon. Consider a mount if you plan on a suppressor down the road.
View Quote

i already got the 16 inch dd government profile barrel and i'm leaning towards the pws fsc at the moment instead of the lantac.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking GRAND.

Actually, it's the barrel nut that keeps the pin from sliding out, as long as the C clip is on the pin, anyway.  You can remove the dust cover without removing the barrel by pulling the clip and sliding the pin out backward.  It's kind of tricky to get the spring back in place when you reassemble it that way, but the real trick is reinstalling that tiny C clip. Use LOTS of light.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice parts list but cheap ass PSA lower?  I would go with a billet lower myself.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

is what legal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that legal?

is what legal?

is it legal to purchase a rifle online from a brick and mortar store and have it "delivered" by picking it up from the brick and mortar's representative at a gun show.

I'm sure it is if the gun show is in the same state as the brick and mortar store (SC in this case), but am wondering if they could bring something to me if the gunshow were in another state (GA?).

i dont remember why, but I was thinking that I heard something questioning the legality of "delivering" a purchase across state lines.. (as opposed to them selling at a gun show in another state.)
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

is it legal to purchase a rifle online from a brick and mortar store and have it "delivered" by picking it up from the brick and mortar's representative at a gun show.

I'm sure it is if the gun show is in the same state as the brick and mortar store (SC in this case), but am wondering if they could bring something to me if the gunshow were in another state (GA?).

i dont remember why, but I was thinking that I heard something questioning the legality of "delivering" a purchase across state lines.. (as opposed to them selling at a gun show in another state.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that legal?

is what legal?

no a vendor at the gunshow had psa and anderson lowers. i saw it on the table and bought it.. i didn't order from psa's website. gunshow was in my state. nothing illegal about it
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/x7F1T37.jpg?1

my troy rail came today! it almost looks like a gun now
View Quote
I had an AFG, but didn't like the feel.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
i already got the 16 inch dd government profile barrel and i'm leaning towards the pws fsc at the moment instead of the lantac.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For the undecided stuff:

I really want the PWS FSC556 on my next build

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Nice parts list but cheap ass PSA lower?  I would go with a billet lower myself.
View Quote

PSA's lowers are made by Aero Precision..."cheap ass?"
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#31]
What's Up everybody!?!? I'm just updating my progress... haven't posted on here in a minute and I don't want my thread to disappear just yet.

yesterday I ordered my raptor charging handle from primary arms.  I found a $20 off promo code on the forums so anybody that's interested Primaryarms.com at checkout enter "raptorman". my total after shipping came up to $69.67

Next week i'll be ordering the BCG and muzzle brake.  I kind of got delayed because I found some 5.45 AK food for a good price i couldn't pass up.

If anyone has anything to contribute that'd be awesome.  I'll keep posting pictures here with progress.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#32]
my raptor charging handle came in  a couple days ago.
ordered my WMD NiB-X BCG with hammer from primary arms today. pictures when it gets here!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:05:53 AM EDT
[#33]
i wasnt to happy with the barrel i picked up from psa my self. went and had the flash hider changed out and in the process they found the barrel extension was not assembled right only applied 30# of torque to the flash hider and the extension turned. so yea done with them on getting key parts from
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:44:17 AM EDT
[#34]
updates. WMD BCG is here. All that's left is a muzzle brake and sights and we get to see if it shoots

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#35]
muzzle brake installed. pws fsc556.

i need some sights and will probably purchase an eotech 512 in the very near future.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Looks GREAT. But just a wild question lol. Can you use that Rifle with a 2 foot long Magazine? It looks like a 40 rounder?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:30:51 AM EDT
[#37]
solid build bro
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Looks GREAT. But just a wild question lol. Can you use that Rifle with a 2 foot long Magazine? It looks like a 40 rounder?
View Quote

it is a 40 rounder. i guess you could use whatever magazine fits in it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
solid build bro
View Quote

thanks dood
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know it fits lol. But since I mainly Hunt and or work from a rest or bench a large Magazine gets in the way. So I tend to use 20 rounders unless I feel the need for something bigger. To this end where I hunt in Deep South TEXAS I would have a 10 or 20 rounder in the rifle and a 30 Rounder on me for just in case.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I know it fits lol. But since I mainly Hunt and or work from a rest or bench a large Magazine gets in the way. So I tend to use 20 rounders unless I feel the need for something bigger. To this end where I hunt in Deep South TEXAS I would have a 10 or 20 rounder in the rifle and a 30 Rounder on me for just in case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHA oh ok i see what you're saying. yeah, but when it's full it's not that much heavier than a 30 round mag. it would be near impossible to use from a bench... i have 10 rounders for that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:07:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Ok So you Dressed it up for a Photo Shoot. :).  But it still looks GREAT.

Quoted:

HAHA oh ok i see what you're saying. yeah, but when it's full it's not that much heavier than a 30 round mag. it would be near impossible to use from a bench... i have 10 rounders for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top